closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bad news / good news (new PAM content)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bad news / good news (new PAM content)

(Shopping trip to London went a bit tits up....train late, afternoon meeting brought, pissing with rain. Walked up Old and New Bond Streets, plus Burlington Arcade (boy are some of their vintage watches overpriced). Didn't really see anything particularly interesting.....but...

..........good news I received on the way up to town was that my AD confirmed I am first on their list for a new 312, which they are expecting to start to come through in April / May (I am assuming 2009 here!). :D

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Bad news / good news (new PAM content)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman
    (Shopping trip to London went a bit tits up....train late, afternoon meeting brought, pissing with rain. Walked up Old and New Bond Streets, plus Burlington Arcade (boy are some of their vintage watches overpriced). Didn't really see anything particularly interesting.....but...

..........good news I received on the way up to town was that my AD confirmed I am first on their list for a new 312, which they are expecting to start to come through in April / May (I am assuming 2009 here!). :D

That's good news, but both of us at the top of Mallorys list? I think we may have to have a word :? :)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman

That's good news, but both of us at the top of Mallorys list? I think we may have to have a word :? :)
    Funny, I remembered you had posted something to this effect, but could not remember the precise model you had ordered. Perhaps we shall have to share! :wink:

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman

Funny, I remembered you had posted something to this effect, but could not remember the precise model you had ordered. Perhaps we shall have to share! :wink:

Nope, i claim first dibs, i'm older than you :lol:

Grand Master

So that's three of us at the top of the list :D

Master

hhhm, hhhhmm make that 4 :wink:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Mallory's appear to have quite a strong order book then. :wink:

Master
    Blog Entries

Mallory's appear to have quite a strong order book then. :wink:
    Seven orders for the SE PAM28 with a maximum (tbc) or three expected/hoped for :( . I moved my attention to the new in house movement pieces as a result :|

nice one- the 312 certainly looks the part

Master
    Blog Entries

anyone know whats the list price on the 312?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xdonolix
    AD's rough indication was £5,000 tbc.

4900 euros - not sure what it will translate to in sterling. with current exchange rates it would be around £4400, but that would be a little high i think :shock:

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp
    4900 euros - not sure what it will translate to in sterling. with current exchange rates it would be around £4400, but that would be a little high i think :shock:

I'm hoping the 4900EUR tag is a pessimistic one. The sibling to the 312 is clearly the 104 currently at £3300. If we add a maximum of 15% for the April increase again, £3795 Vs £4500 approx is quite a lift, though the in house movement costs will constitute a premium but £700?

I think if they are full on when actually available, i may struggle to dig deep enough for it, especially as the one i most want is the 320, priced at 5900EUR. Over the existing 88 GMT at £3900, that a big step up at £1600 :shock:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Rob in Bath indicated £5k, as I say. This does sound a bit steep, but the in-house movement, imminent re-pricing and the state of the exchange rate might all be conspiring against us, particularly if the watches are in fact to be available from April / May. :cry:

Rob in Bath indicated £5k, as I say. This does sound a bit steep, but the in-house movement, imminent re-pricing and the state of the exchange rate might all be conspiring against us, particularly if the watches are in fact to be available from April / May. :cry:
    £5k would mean cheaper to buy in Europe even with a weak pound would indicate an incredibly high price :shock: , hard for me to spend that much money with the economy. I am hoping around £4k as that is more reasonable premium over the current auto line.

Master
    Blog Entries

£5K for a 312 would mean £6k for the 320 :shock: They won't be getting my money if that's the deal :cry: