closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Photo Competition -- The results.

Thomas Reid

Photo Competition -- The results.

After days of agonising, and hour upon hour of discussion with Ming (well, really, 1 quick PM), the results are in.

I hope the contestants don't mind my linking directly to their photos.

All of the photos were good, and the choice was difficult. Here are the results.

Third place, with "Pond life" -- TonyV
    Lovely colours, interesting composition.

Second place, with "Sinn 356" -- fishgod
    Technically very good, and what a fabulous dial.

And, the grand winner is "Born to be mild" -- Blovitch
    A watch in action, nay, on the rampage.

If Blovitch will PM me an address, I'll send the prize. If there are any praises for the choices of the judges, send them to me. If there are any complaints, send them to Ming. :)

Thanks to Ming for his help!

Best wishes,
    Bob

Master
    My favorite was no. 3 but have to admit the first 2 are pretty good also.

Grand Master
    Congratulations to Blovitch and the other finallists...and thank you all for entering :D

Ming

Thanks

Many thanks.

I was just doing one of the things I enjoy best...

The Pink Glycine has a special place in my collection (thanks Eddie)

Regards.

Congratulations Capt Blovich - a well executed and unusual picture - were you doing 90 kmh or 90mph :twisted: It must have been pretty awkward to take the picture but the results speak for themselves. :P

Cheers
    Chris

Great composition...

and a very nice bike too, well done! :wink:

TonyV

I have to say I think the technical and creative qualities of the other photos was outstanding...

For those of you who are interested.

The bike is a Harley Davidson FLSTS. It gets ridden in all weathers and covers more miles in a year than most cars. Which is probably why its not as shiny as many similar bikes.

I used a Sony 4.4 Mega Pixel digital camera, I do have a Blad 501 but unlike Neil Armstrong I dont have the equipment to mount it to my chest :o) when tear arsing about the landscape.

The watch is a Glycine with a Pink mother of pearl dial, and a matching pink patent strap....

The roads are courtesy of Gloucestershire county council and therefore in a terrible condition.

The fuel in the tank is Shell with no thanks to the U.K govt. who take a massive amount of revenue in fuel duties in return for making life ever harder for the biker.

The exhaust pipes are british standard and therefore sound terrible and restrict the engine.

The number plate is regulation size and therefore spoils the clean lines of the rear of the bike.

But I am glad I dont have leg protectors, so well done to everyone who protested about those all those years ago.

My helmet is by Roof, its black and orange and superb. Dont leave home without one, but remember Fred Hill.

Cheers

Well done, Blovitch, I think the best man won. 8)

Will the government be bringing out legislation to stop people using digital cameras whilst driving? :twisted:

I noticed something in the paper recently about a truck driver who was arrested for watching TV whilst driving. Scary.

Steve.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fishgod
    Will the government be bringing out legislation to stop people using digital cameras whilst driving? :twisted:
    Er, it's already an offence. :)

ttfn

JasonG