closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Wall's Omega Photos...

John Wall's Omega Photos...

I've been away all week and have some catching up to do...

Having been given some legal advice, I PM' Ditchdigger yesterday T-time
    and again asked for a refund..

I told DD I would prefer not to post the pictures as i didn't want to embarrass him,
    though frankly, it was trying to save someones feelings that got me into this mess in the first place...
    I have not had a reply to this PM.

The photos are NOT massively blown up or covered in dust,
    all the visible dust is inside the watch case.

You be the judge guys...

Quote Originally Posted by John Wall
    Good Morning John.
    Have collected the Speedie from the sorting office this morning and taken the photos.
    I'm sending them to you first for you to see them.
    Have also copied this mail to Eddie.

Scratches on face on No.1 photo.

Debris and hairs within case on No.2 photo.
    Hair at 10 position of 9 o'clock dial
    Hair on 6 o'clock dial.
    All other visible specs are dust within case
    Also visible is damage to centre pin of 9o'clock sub dial. Paint chipped at 7o'clock of centre pin

3 & 4 Shows buckle to plate of hand of 6 o'clock sub dial and slight buckle to 9 o'clock dial is visible.
    6 dial buckle has actually put a crease in the centre plate.

I'll await your reply before posting them on the forum.
    Cheers
    john.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wall
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdigger
    those are very poor photos and not good enough to see.

though i will say if thats scratches on the first photo they were not there when i posted you the watch as mine and the previous owners pictures clearly show.and ive had a message from him telling me he concurs with the condition.

threatening to post them on the forum as if ive done something wrong does not make me feel good towards you. nor does involveing eddie who is probaly getting pissed of with this.

you should not of lied to me.

anyone who buys something from me knows if there is something wrong or ive made a mistake i will rectify the mistake or refund.they also know i would never mislead someone.

you have stated you are returning the watch as its to small 4 times in fact

i now have no faith in you whatsoever.

you can send me the watch back with a letter signed and dated stateing you have not opened the watch nor tampered with it in any way.

i will have a expert examine it.

i will then decide on my course of action.

but it i must make it clear to you the fact you lied and said you were retuning it to me as its to small will be all the evidence a court will need.

it also negates any obligation on my part when you change your reasons . i am now going out of my way to resolve this.

your actions have also left a bad feeling on the forums and is forceing people to take sides.ive had enough pms of support to realise this.

i have to tell you i bitterly regret the way you have gone about this in every way.

my one mistake was trying to reply to you on the open forum
    as i get very,very angry when people infer ime cheating or lying.
    i do not have to prove my honesty to you nor anyone else i have proved it to my peers many times in extreme conditions and i should not [but cant help] worry about others.

john
    John.
    I think they're good enough photos.. They show the damage i've described.
    Please take a look at the photos of the original post when you bought the watch.

Do you still think there were no scratches on the face when you received it ?

As to having the watch examined by an expert for me tampering with it..
    Do you think i collected the watch this morning, whipped the back off, bent a couple of the hands,
    threw some dust in and THEN took the pictures ?

I have not threatened you with posting the pictures.
    I have been advised by forum members to show my view of the damage.
    Contacting Eddie was a last resort as you had refused to answer me.
    Eddie is obviously impartial.
    Out of courtesy for his involvement i'm keeping him informed about our communications.

I have never said or implied that you were a liar or a cheat,
    In fact i've gone out of my way to reiterate that i believe that you had no idea that the watch was even damaged.

Yes, I said four times that the watch was too small.
    I have explained the reason for my misguided diplomacy.
    Seven times i said i was returning the watch because it was damaged.
    You never replied...

John, I too bitterly regret the way i've gone about this.
    I've appologised time and again about my initial action.
    I regret that you started the thread that blew out of control and started making people take sides.
    It should never have got to that position.

I'm sorry for not contacting you before returning the watch
    and for misleading you over the reason for return.

The fact of the matter is:
    The watch is not "Superb Condition" as described.
    So again, I respectfully ask you for a refund less £10 for your postage and time.

John.

After drawing DD's attention to the original sellers photo he replied that i'd then bought a watch knowing it was damaged.
    Convieniently, not again to mention...

though i will say if thats scratches on the first photo they were not there when i posted you the watch as mine and the previous owners pictures clearly show.and ive had a message from him telling me he concurs with the condition.

This only goes to further show that DD did not even see the original damage of scratches on the crystal, or the botched repair by his watchmaker.

So, John (ditchdigger), on the record, You're not or ever have been implied to be a liar.
    This has gone on for far to long and in public view which it never needed to be.

I respectfully ask for a refund less £10 for your time and trouble,
    because the watch is damaged and not in the "Superb Condition" you described it as.

Re: John Wall's Omega Photos...

Looking at those pics it seems the "watchmaker" who was entrusted with the original work was not very proficient. :roll:

Those bent sub dial hands and leaving the dial full of debris is not professional.

The watch at the least requires:

1. Replacement/polish crystal.

2. Replacement sub dial hands

3. A thorough blow out of the whole case.

IMO the watch cannot be construed as "superb" in that condition.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries

IMO the situation is clear. Though John was in the wrong when he sent the watch back without talking to the other John first, I think he's entitled to a refund.
    This watch is clearly not in superb condition, in fact it's quite far from that.

Master

i would be most grateful if the people who pm d me to tell about him using excuses to pull out of previous deals let it be known here.

this is all i will say on the matter,his own words. the description was lovely condition not superb he returned it and i quote

Hi John.
    Speedie has just arrived.
    I'm really sorry mate but it's just too small for me..
    I know you need a bigger one for the readability but this just
    looks lost on my wrists.
    I feel a complete arse for messing you about with it.
    In anticipation of your answer I'm going to stick it straight back in the post to you so the sooner it's back with you the sooner you can
    get it on to somebody else.
    Again John, so sorry to piss you about...
    Cheers
    John.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56675&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=ome ga

my pictures are true and accurate i took loads.he told me he had spotted marks on the crystal from the first add when he contacted me and begged to buy the watch.
    along with others he pressured me to sell it to him.
    even so i have paid for a new crystal you cannot see any marks unless you turn it in certain light and squint close.i couldn't see it and it does not show in any of my pictures.i have also had the hands etc. changed though i,the watch maker and everyone in his shop believes there is nothing wrong and hes just looking for an excuse see his words above

again he says he new it was there...so why buy then if it bothered him.

i wont read any of the posts on here nor will i reply further its to much stress.

i know i have done nothing wrong my conscience is clear.

i have also taken legal advice and i am in the right.

as for his pictures i wiped the dust of the top of the watch before i took pics
    used a macro and tripod and if you see the watch for real MY PICTURES SHOW ITS EXACTLEY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN REAL LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C
    Looking at those pics it seems the "watchmaker" who was entrusted with the original work was not very proficient. :roll:

Those bent sub dial hands and leaving the dial full of debris is not professional.

The watch at the least requires:

1. Replacement/polish crystal.

2. Replacement sub dial hands

3. A thorough blow out of the whole case.

IMO the watch cannot be construed as "superb" in that condition.
    +1 Neil

Bringing this into the public domain should have been a last resort IMO.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

sorry to see this and hope this still can be sorted out lads in PMs if anybody does have similar experiences with the buyer or seller contact them, and remind them.
    not jumping on the bandwagon here :blackeye: but this type of thing ruins reputations

Master

just of the phone to the watchmaker who is going out of his way to make john wall happy.[he has a new crystal, hands etc.ready to fit.]

he says and i agree there is no way john wall will be happy hes changed his mind as hes done with others here and is still looking for excuses asd he dosent want it know.

i find it very difficult to deal with a liar ime very straight down the line
    this is to stressfull.

ime going to see if i can block john wall with the boards prefferances so i wont read anything from him.

i will have to read his pms though

just of the phone to the watchmaker who is going out of his way to make john wall happy.[he has a new crystal, hands etc.ready to fit.]

he says and i agree there is no way john wall will be happy hes changed his mind as hes done with others here and is still looking for excuses asd he dosent want it know.

this is to stressfull.

ime going to see if i can block john wall with the boards prefferances so i wont read anything from him.

Sorry John (DD) if this is your final act in this matter then IMO this is very childlike and not the sort of conduct I have enjoyed and personally expect from members on here.

Journeyman

From a straight talking Northener[a Geordie]:

1 John Wall:don't try to be nice,you should have told him the watch was crap.

2 Ditchdigger:give him his money back,your posts are making you look like an arse.

Regards,another John.

Banned

could all persons called john refrain from posting here i,m getting confused :twisted: :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by redmond
    sorry to see this and hope this still can be sorted out lads in PMs if anybody does have similar experiences with the buyer or seller contact them, and remind them.
    not jumping on the bandwagon here :blackeye: but this type of thing ruins reputations
    just read the H&V thread :lol: think my advice is abit late

I agree, with the above posters.
    This watch is not in superb condition. There is dust in the case, scratches on the crystal and the hands are bent. I would not be happy to receive such a watch and i am sure that anyone else on this forum would be disappointed to receive such a piece. As yet i have not seen any posts supporting the seller.
    I have never seen such a situation on a watch forum before (and i have been posting for 4+ years on such fora), where the seller is refusing to offer a refund to the buyer of a poor watch, inaccurately described despite all evidence posted here. To my eyes this is the most dishonest way to conduct business and i sincerely hope that Eddie Platts bans DD from access to the sales corner until he makes good, as otherwise this will also damage the reputation of the forum... that we can allow such people to sell their watches here who do not stand by simple honest rules of selling.
    I think as responsible WIS, we have an ethical responsibility to highlight these threads on any of DD's adverts posted on any other forum so that any other potential buyers tread with caution and know exactly with whom they are dealing with, and the quality of products he is selling.
    Of note, i have never spoken with John wall / DD so i do not consider either one of them as friends. I am just a neutral who is appalled by the sellers attitude and blatant refusal to offer a refund which borders on a scam.

Gawd, this is dragging on. DD, you have taken this beyond the point where you can come out of this unscathed IMO. It's unfortunate but I imagine a lot of members will be shying away from any sale you may put up in the future. Surely you can see it is in your own interest to settle this?

I have always regarded forum sales as a "meet in the pub" transaction. In the real world you may have mentioned you have such a watch and agreed to meet up. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you buy stuff it gets handed to you then you pay for it. If you would have handed the watch to John over a table clearly he would have handed it back saying sorry mate, it's not for me. What you are in effect saying is you have got to buy it because you have touched it. It's plainly silly.

Craftsman

Who is the mystery 'watchmaker' in this sorry saga. 40 years at the bench tell me that these hands never actually came off and were bent in a clumsy attempt to do so. We have all bent hands but repair is simple on the staking tool ,if a replacement is not to hand. This however cannot be done unless the hand is off. Dial damage is always the sign of a botcher or amateur posing as a 'watchmaker'. I am neutral in this ,but what can't speak can't lie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK

this is to stressfull.

Sorry John (DD) if this is your final act in this matter then IMO this is very childlike and not the sort of conduct I have enjoyed and personally expect from members on here.
    That's what I thought too when I read that statement.... that kind of behaviour is absolutely inappropriate.

The two principles I observe to keep my hobby fun are that "virtue is its own reward" and i'm i'm going to play it has to be with play money. That minimises to risks to my sanity and maintains the joy and wonder of game. I never set out to make a profit on a watch and despair of some of the sales forum regulars who do. If its a grubby £2 or £3 on strap your hobby can't be much fun. Giving stuff away or selling below cost to your playmates is so much more fun.

I've had a few bad experiences with sellers, not so much things not being not as described, as issues being hidden. I put it down to experience, put a black mark against the seller and go back out to play. I presume that if I've ever stepped out line others have done the same.

I rarely post in heroes and villains or rely on it because the three sellers I've had particulalrly bad experiences with get excellent feedback.

Well, the watch certainly looks like crap and not in 'superb condition' if that's how it was initially described.

At this point John Wall, I would send it to the original watchmaker who has offered to make it pristine, get it back and then sell it to recover your funds. Then you are done with it, and I'm sure the next buyer will be excited to get such a nice watch. That way, you're free and clear, don't have the hassle anymore and the seller is tarnished, and even though you should have explained the reason for the return initially and waiting for an OK to return the watch, you're not tarnished.

Big ego's disguised as 'character', 'principles' and 'morals' end people in financial ruin and jail blah, blah etc etc. This time next month you will likely have sold the watch and are done.

P.S. Ever live in Ohio? I knew a bloke with the same name who did.

DoubleD - good grief, man. Take the damn watch back, look at it closely, send JW his money, take it back to your 'watchmaker' and get it fixed and cleaned up - then sell it. And then you're done. Ditto on the 'ego' thing above to you too. You do look like somewhat foolish here - your photos do not lend to my thinking the watch was sold as described. Right now, you are looking like a plonker whereas you could have taken the watch back the first time and made JW look foolish for returning the watch as it was "not suitable". What exactly were the conditions of sale - did you state you would accept a return for such a ridiculous thing as "I don't like it/too small"? I understand someone in the busines having to do that, but not between internet sellers/buyers. If you buy a watch (and it is as described) but you don't like it, it's too big/small, dial doesn't match your eyes, don't you have to suck it up and sell it yourself? Unless the seller writes a return for any reason is acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade
    The two principles I observe to keep my hobby fun are that "virtue is its own reward" and i'm i'm going to play it has to be with play money. That minimises to risks to my sanity and maintains the joy and wonder of game. I never set out to make a profit on a watch and despair of some of the sales forum regulars who do. If its a grubby £2 or £3 on strap your hobby can't be much fun. Giving stuff away or selling below cost to your playmates is so much more fun.

I've had a few bad experiences with sellers, not so much things not being not as described, as issues being hidden. I put it down to experience, put a black mark against the seller and go back out to play. I presume that if I've ever stepped out line others have done the same.

I rarely post in heroes and villains or rely on it because the three sellers I've had particulalrly bad experiences with get excellent feedback.
    I had a purchase recently with a nice blob of something under the crystal. I asked the seller about it, got a whining defensive response, opened the watch removed the blob, put him on my 'blind wanker' list and wear the watch happily. :D I also sold one recently with full disclosure of dings, scratches and the personal mod I did - I see the purchaser selling the watch with veiled photos not showing the dings, scratches and the personal mod with no dewscription of the condition and no doubt the purchaser will be surprised to see the dings, scratches and personal mod! That's on another forum and the seller is a renowned officionado cool dude. He is on my 'renowned officionado cool dude wanker' list. :twisted: Bottom line - you are right - you take risks with sight-unseen internet purchases and have to hope you're dealing with an honest person.

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

Defeats the purpose then mate :?

Where are we with this deal? If the watch is sorted to JW's satisfaction does the deal remain done or not?
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

here is a pm i have just received from DD :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , of note i have never pm'ed anything to DD so i am not sure i warrant such a response.
    i think this guy has lost all credibility here.

Subject: John Wall's Omega Photos...

your a EXPLETIVES DELETED you keep misrepresenting the facts,you dont read whats gone on.

now i no what a troll is you get a kick out of inflameing situations.

and your stupid you just dont listen i said lovely condition not superb and it is in all my pictures and in real life

heres what he said are you a EXPLETIVES DELETED moron cus you are pissing me of big time.read it its in english

Hi John.
    looks lost on my wrists.
    In anticipation of your answer i'm going to stick it straight back in the post to you so the sooner it's back with you the sooner you can
    Cheers
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtrunkmonkey

I mean I don't rely on it and rarely read it. I would't have helped me in the three bad deals I've had. 2 of which were for straps, to keep things in perspective.

3 bad experiences out of well over 50 isn't really significantand given the progress of this saga the one lesson I've learned is to keep your disatisfaction private.

Master

Hi John.
    looks lost on my wrists.
    In anticipation of your answer i'm going to stick it straight back in the post to you so the sooner it's back with you the sooner you can
    Cheers
    John.

Hi John.
    The speedie is in the post back to you as it's too small for me
    and is unsuitable. It'll be with you by 1300 tomorrow.
    You say it's not sale or return but i would have hoped that
    I could return it if it wasn't suitable ?
    I appreciate that you've already taken out the money to spend on another watch and of course i don't mind waiting till you repay me.

Hope this is alright with you John

Cheers
    John.

John,
    There really is no need to get stressed.
    And there is no need for such a defensive attitude
    I appreciate that you trusted me and sent the watch before my funds had landed. We're both regulars and what i would call good guys.. We've dealt with each other a few times in the past..
    We trust each other.
    I appreciate that you've seen another watch and i am pressuming that you have committed yourself to buying it, perhaps with the funds that i have sent you.
    I've not got a problem with that.
    You know as well as i do that you can look at all the sites and sizes but until a watch is actually on your wrist, it's virtually impossible to really know if it going to suit.
    I have no problem in waiting for you to refund me if it means you offering it to one of the other interested partys.

John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK
    here is a pm i have just received from DD :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , of note i have never pm'ed anything to DD so i am not sure i warrant such a response.
    Seriously? Good grief...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

your a EXPLETIVES DELETED you keep misrepresenting the facts,you dont read whats gone on.

and your stupid you just dont listen i said lovely condition not superb and it is in all my pictures and in real life

heres what he said are you a EXPLETIVES DELETED moron cus you are pissing me of big time.read it its in english

Hi John.
    looks lost on my wrists.
    Cheers
    John.
    now thats just plain nasty, doesnt play well with others does he, :twisted: :roll:

mike :wink:

Master

Hi John.
    looks lost on my wrists.
    Cheers
    John.

Hi John.
    I appreciate that you've already taken out the money to spend on another watch and of course i don't mind waiting till you repay me.

Cheers
    John.

John,
    I appreciate that you trusted me and sent the watch before my funds had landed. We're both regulars and what i would call good guys.. We've dealt with each other a few times in the past..
    We trust each other.
    I appreciate that you've seen another watch and i am pressuming that you have committed yourself to buying it, perhaps with the funds that i have sent you.
    You know as well as i do that you can look at all the sites and sizes but until a watch is actually on your wrist, it's virtually impossible to really know if it going to suit.
    I have no problem in waiting for you to refund me if it means you offering it to one of the other interested partys.

John

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtrunkmonkey

I mean I don't rely on it and rarely read it. I would't have helped me in the three bad deals I've had. 2 of which were for straps, to keep things in perspective.

3 bad experiences out of well over 50 isn't really significantand given the progress of this saga the one lesson I've learned is to keep your disatisfaction private.
    Probably not really for this thread but I understand not wanting to go public, dont like it myself, but I prefer other members to know what my experience was, good or bad. I for one certainly check out heroes and villains first and if concerned i pm the poster of the feedback.

Back to the saga, where does it stand John/John?
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Master

Hi John.
    looks lost on my wrists.
    Cheers
    John.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: good grief

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&keywords=ditchdigger&fid %5B%5D=12&start=15
    All the more reason not to flush it down the pan mate, if it isn't there already.

Quote Originally Posted by redmond

Hi John.
    looks lost on my wrists.
    Cheers
    John.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: good grief
    Completely out of order posting profanities on the main forum, my daughter often looks over my shoulder when I am on the internet. As said previously you are behaving like a child ditchdigger and I am getting sick of reading your whining about this - grow up and sort it out - in private.

I won't have bad language in the open forums, keep it for the Pit and Boys' room. Repeatedly quoting it also means I have to spend lots more time cleaning it up.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Just curious as to what you both want from this now John's.

What is an amicable resolution to this? Is it that the watch is fixed and John W keeps it or does John W feel a refund is the only acceptable outcome?

If one of you decide then it gets sorted, it really is that simple.

For the record i don't think any the less of either of you, everyone has said there bit and opinions now just decide what you both want out of it and reach some common ground. Your never going to be friends but you can move on and return to normality.

Best of Luck guys
    Ian

just a general point here...bearing in mind all thats been posted here, how can you be expected to 'buy the seller' as so frequently advised? the whole thing has shaken up my faith in sales corner..
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

First time i've commented on this saga...

1) Fault on both sides - seller described the watch way less than satisfactorily, buyer should have been straight and not made "size" excuses, and should have contacted before sending back.

2) This public venting of the nuts and bolts is NOT helping, esp. for the seller IMO.

3) Aggressive PMs/emails help NOBODY in this situaution.

Suggest getting this sorted ASAP - seller take it back and face the fact it needs fixed, swallow the loss, we're not talking thousands here - on balance you are in the wrong here and are very close to losing a lot of member support/faith over this.

:?

Master

Hi John.
    looks lost on my wrists.
    Cheers
    John.

Hi John.

Cheers
    John.

John,
    We trust each other.

John

Master

Fascinating thread, I have to admit, because I can see both points of view, and because it so graphically shows how - with the best will in the world - even the most simple deals in the world, between two essentially decent guys can go wrong. How did it come to this?

John Wall's fatal flaw appears to be his indecisiveness, and a certain impulsiveness that clearly makes him do things he later regrets! Neither are particularly heinous traits (which is fortunate, since I'm prone to both myself). Perhaps he was naïve in thinking he could return a watch to an internet seller because he felt it just didn't suit him; perhaps he was too fearful of confrontation to explain his true reasons for the return. Certainly he was hasty in just putting it straight back in the post, without waiting for a response, as if he could just wash his hands of the whole matter. His PMs on the subject have a kind of cheerful decency about them; I don't know the guy, but he sounds okay to me.

Ditchdigger is one of the 'characters' on this forum. Again, I don't know him personally, but I've always enjoyed his rough-and-ready approach to collecting watches, selling bits of old army kit, and his blokishly chaotic style. I would certainly feel safe in dealing with him, even after some of the invective in this thread. His fatal flaw appears to be his short-sightedness, allied to a touchiness which results in his attempting to blast his way out of tight spots, or to dig himself ever deeper into an already entrenched position. Thanks to his eyesight, I imagine he never even saw the damage his "watchmaker" had done to the famous Speedy, let alone the scratches on the crystal. And thanks to his fierce belief in "honesty" at all costs, he appears to have seen John Wall's somewhat craven attempts at tact and diplomacy as outright lying, and has gone on the offensive from this point on, with ever-increasing frustration and ever-decreasing credibility.

Hasn't the time come for both of you Johns to shake hands, shake your heads, and admit that you both ballsed-up? Mistakes happen, and the small ones that have occurred here - on both sides - have been blown out of all proportion.

Certainly there's no reason why John Wall should accept a watch in such a state, though it's unfortunate he originally gave such a lame reason for over-hastily returning it. Ditchy: why not get it fixed properly, by someone who knows what they're doing? Even after doing this, you should be able to sell it without having made a loss overall. I well remember your soul-searching about whether it was 'okay' to make a profit on it in the first place...

Good luck to both Johns in sorting this out. What's required, I think, are not lawyers or threats or more photographs. It's a pause for breath, and a little quiet dignity on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzio
    Fascinating thread, I have to admit, because I can see both points of view, and because it so graphically shows how - with the best will in the world - even the most simple deals in the world, between two essentially decent guys can go wrong. How did it come to this?

John Wall's fatal flaw appears to be his indecisiveness, and a certain impulsiveness that clearly makes him do things he later regrets! Neither are particularly heinous traits (which is fortunate, since I'm prone to both myself). Perhaps he was naïve in thinking he could return a watch to an internet seller because he felt it just didn't suit him; perhaps he was too fearful of confrontation to explain his true reasons for the return. Certainly he was hasty in just putting it straight back in the post, without waiting for a response, as if he could just wash his hands of the whole matter. His PMs on the subject have a kind of cheerful decency about them; I don't know the guy, but he sounds okay to me.

Ditchdigger is one of the 'characters' on this forum. Again, I don't know him personally, but I've always enjoyed his rough-and-ready approach to collecting watches, selling bits of old army kit, and his blokishly chaotic style. I would certainly feel safe in dealing with him, even after some of the invective in this thread. His fatal flaw appears to be his short-sightedness, allied to a touchiness which results in his attempting to blast his way out of tight spots, or to dig himself ever deeper into an already entrenched position. Thanks to his eyesight, I imagine he never even saw the damage his "watchmaker" had done to the famous Speedy, let alone the scratches on the crystal. And thanks to his fierce belief in "honesty" at all costs, he appears to have seen John Wall's somewhat craven attempts at tact and diplomacy as outright lying, and has gone on the offensive from this point on, with ever-increasing frustration and ever-decreasing credibility.

Hasn't the time come for both of you Johns to shake hands, shake your heads, and admit that you both ballsed-up? Mistakes happen, and the small ones that have occurred here - on both sides - have been blown out of all proportion.

Certainly there's no reason why John Wall should accept a watch in such a state, though it's unfortunate he originally gave such a lame reason for over-hastily returning it. Ditchy: why not get it fixed properly, by someone who knows what they're doing? Even after doing this, you should be able to sell it without having made a loss overall. I well remember your soul-searching about whether it was 'okay' to make a profit on it in the first place...

Good luck to both Johns in sorting this out. What's required, I think, are not lawyers or threats or more photographs. It's a pause for breath, and a little quiet dignity on both sides.
    What he said. :)

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzio

Very well put - come on lads lets sort it out.

Master

in the end looking at the pics the watch is damaged so i wouldnt call it in "lovely" condition either. i'd say the hands are bent a bit so i can understand John W not being happy with it.
    and yes yes John DD i know he said it was too small more than once but that doesnt fix the damage no matter how many times its said.
    good luck to you both and i hope you can both come to some agreement and move on.

karl

nice PM for Ditchdigger to send Omegaw. I don't see why Ditchdigger has phoned his "watchmaker" ( if you can call him that- equivalent of a cowboy builder- both can put up an extension one will last) to help Johnw out, I wouldn't want anything to do with that incompetent watch maker.

Ditchdigger you obviously bought this watch very cheap, had it fixed on the cheap made a nice profit it out of at the expense of another forum member. Yes you have good feedback but how many of those sales have you had problems with that you have gone out your way to rectify ? Not many i would think.

You keep posting the original PMs from JohnW which really has little bearing as they were not the real reason of sending it back. The pictures alone show how bad the condition of the watch was.

So to sum it up, well done for buying a watch cheap, fixing it on the poorly and selling it at a profit to a forum member- sounds like a cowboy mechanic who buys damaged cars cheap and fixes them poorly!

There would have been no problem if it had been fixed properly, but that fact it wasn't and you refuse a refund is disgraceful.

Well done for blackening your own name.

My attitude in life is different. And I do not mean I am any better. Simply, I hate discussing...I have had deals gone wrong: sellers that cheated me, post offices loosing my stuff, a lot of money (that I do not have) being lost in the way. I have been pissed off, yes, but I take my conclusion (do not trust ebay, do not trust Correos, do not trust anonimous sellers on the internet, etc.) and move forward. Not loose a single minute (translating jokes into a foreign languague is tricky, but I try to follow this one: "Hi, John, long time no see" "Hi Peter, my God, you look so young! How have you managed?" "Well, John, you know my secret? I never discuss" "Come on, Peter, that cannot be the reason why you look so young!" "Yes, you are right, that is not the reason").

I never sell watches. I only practice a sport: desk diving. But I easily scratch my watches. Always minor, but there they are. And I am afraid that if I try to sell watches, there will be a misunderstanding with the seller....

It is the first time that in TZ-UK I have seen these levels of acronimity among people...Not sure this discussion is about watches. I see a combination of too strong personalities, and personal problems, I hope of a temporary nature. But who am I to judge? And what difference does it make who is right, or wrong? Probably nobody is 100% right, here or anywhere..

But let us move on. Please....

I do not know why I am writing these lines....

lifes way to short for this carry on lads :!:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    lifes way to short for this carry on lads :!:
    +1 - there are far to many watches and a lot more deals to be had - so why ruin what is a great thing

FWIW.

Setting aside and without commenting on any other aspect of the deal, I must say, that I find the three emails / PMs from JW to DD very presumptive and bordering on offensive.

JW seems to assume he has some kind of right to return a watch just because it doesn't suit him.
    He then goes on to discuss DDs financial situation and his ability to make a refund again in a manner that seems he is trying to sell the idea that he is entitled to a refund and not just requesting DD help him out.
    He then sends the watch back totally unsolicited in order to try to cement his views and force DD's hand.

In DD's place I would have perceived these actions as verging on a bullying attitude.

I am afraid JW's 'saying it was too small to be polite' just doesn't ring true to me.

Lets face it we have all purchased things that don't suit us when they arrive. My wife would claim that 99% of what I buy doesn't suit me!

Honour (which is really the only thing you own that's worth having) dictates that if you put your hand up to buy something then you own it. If you want to try it on or look at it close up or show it to you wife etc, then ask the vendor upfront if that OK but don't buy it if you don't mean it.

As for the condition of the watch, it's obviously damaged now but when it was damaged? who knows? Maybe it was wrongly described, maybe it wasn't, but those first three emails had already closed the door as far as DD was concerned.

These matters can be extremely stressful to some people and I can understand DD wanting to just block the whole thing out of his day to day thoughts. It won't resolve things but I can understand it.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by london lad
    FWIW.

As for the condition of the watch, its obviously damaged now but when it was damaged? who knows?
    :scratch:

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

Dont know either, and am sure faults on both sides, but think will only be resolved by DD giving a refund, no matter how he feels about it, we can all move on then......

Master

gotta say that picture is hilarious

owens goal one of the greatest of all time,play it in slow motion its superb.up there with Bobby's goals for England

those are lovely looking handbags as well,in particulr the pink polka dot... :lol:

Banned

gotta say that picture is hilarious

owens goal one of the greatest of all time,play it in slow motion its superb.up there with Bobby's goals for England

those are lovely looking handbags as well,in particulr the pink polka dot... :lol:
    i prefer verons ... plain , simple but beautiful :D

Sad to see this on here but from where I'm sitting the watch looks like a pup and should be taken back and refund issued.
    If that's the way the repairer left it i wouldn't have paid him for it and certainly would not have sold it without stating it was in less than perfect condition.
    At the end of the day it looks like the goods are not as described regardless of what excuses were originally given for wanting a refund.
    Hope this can be resolved sooner rather than later because it's really not what anybody wants to see here.

Master

be serious will you

which handbag do you prefer :wink: :lol: