closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Christopher Ward Twelve open dial ti

Hybrid View

Master
    To me it looks like the "skeletonising" of the twelve vs the Zenith Defy is a different league. Each bridge has been redesigned whereas the Zenith has skeleton dial and some skeletonised parts but not to the depth of the Twelve.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    To me it looks like the "skeletonising" of the twelve vs the Zenith Defy is a different league. Each bridge has been redesigned whereas the Zenith has skeleton dial and some skeletonised parts but not to the depth of the Twelve.
    I'd say visually, from a non technical view, it looks the better skeleton watch too.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I'd say visually, from a non technical view, it looks the better skeleton watch too.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I agree.
    Agreed. The Defy 21 is a better example from Zenith IMO, but also more money.

The thing I do notice about CW is that you don’t get the sales there that you used to. Hopefully it means they’re doing well. My three CW were £250, £250 and £350 in order. We won’t see that again.

Master
    When I see watches without the makers name on the dial I always think of Aliexpress...

Also I don't have any faith for them being around in the log term now as they've had so much Venture investment and still don't show a profit...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I don't personally like skeletonised watches, or ones with cutouts in the dial, at all. But it's nice to see CW continue to do ambitious projects and I hope it works out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    When I see watches without the makers name on the dial I always think of Aliexpress...

Also I don't have any faith for them being around in the log term now as they've had so much Venture investment and still don't show a profit...
    You mean the one round of VC investment they took almost 5 years ago?

The most recent accounts show a profit. Admittedly only £1m EBITA. Hopefully the accounts to March 2024 will show an improvement.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    You mean the one round of VC investment they took almost 5 years ago?

The most recent accounts show a profit. Admittedly only £1m EBITA. Hopefully the accounts to March 2024 will show an improvement.
    They definitely will given the Bel Canto delays which have impacted their EBITDA for last year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Agreed. The Defy 21 is a better example from Zenith IMO, but also more money.

Great picture. the Defy 21 is certainly in another league.

Great picture. the Defy 21 is certainly in another league.
    Interested to hear in what way?

Leaving the branding aside which we all know gives manufacturer the justification to double the price of a watch.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Leaving the branding aside which we all know gives manufacturer the justification to double the price of a watch.

A step up from the Zenith Defy 3 hander not the twelve X.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

The depth of the 21 is a bit special IMO, you can see straight through all the layers.
    That said, may not be everyone's cup of tea and I don't own it anymore.

Last edited by M1011; 4th May 2024 at 03:38.