closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Decent cyclops

Decent cyclops

Well, my eyesight has gone to the extent that I can’t read a date window without my reading specs. That’s fine day-to-day, but is going to give me issues when travelling this summer.

I’d therefore love to hear your recommendations for a decent, high quality, high magnification after market cyclops - and which adhesive to fit it with!

(The watch in question has a flat mineral glass crystal without external AR, so I foresee no issues there…)

Thanks in advance :)

I've had success with one of these - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...194618025U02Rs

Fitted it to a seiko mod for a client. Used Bostick Fix & Flash UV to adhere it.

Looks cracking thanks

Craftsman
    Try to go with the same crystal material (sapphire, mineral, plexi etc.) as the watch you are wishing to apply it to, also try to match the AR coating (if any) colour of the cyclops to the crystal otherwise it will stand out when reflecting light...I know these seem minor details but it does make a difference.

As already mentioned, use UV glue to fix the cyclops to the watch crystal as it makes it so much easier to position correctly over the date window as it can be moved around easily to get it perfect, then hit it with the UV light and your all good.

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    Try to go with the same crystal material (sapphire, mineral, plexi etc.) as the watch you are wishing to apply it to, also try to match the AR coating (if any) colour of the cyclops to the crystal otherwise it will stand out when reflecting light...I know these seem minor details but it does make a difference.

As already mentioned, use UV glue to fix the cyclops to the watch crystal as it makes it so much easier to position correctly over the date window as it can be moved around easily to get it perfect, then hit it with the UV light and your all good.

Good luck...
    That’s really good advice. Off to google UV glue :)