closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Andalusia Tips

Andalusia Tips

Just booked a last-minute week off work and will be heading off to Andalusia middle of this week.

Flying into Malaga and will probably do a circular route (direction yet to be decided) of Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Cadiz and Ronda. Not much time to research hence the request for advice.

Will stay in a couple of nights in the cities but would really like to experience some smaller towns and villages in the hills, and maybe half our stay in these sorts of places. Any recommendations on smaller scenic town in the hills? Not looking for any expat (or should I say British migrant) locations, and the place must have great views, preferably some walks and a good couple/few restaurants.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 14th April 2024 at 17:42. Reason: Grammar and typos

That would be going for it in a week, I probably know southern Spain as well as I know Essex, if you can manage it , Malaga old town, maybe food at El Pimpi, Córdoba, and Ronda, if you get time Casares, my family live there, then Tarifa and maybe on to Bolonia

Ronda is a great place for lunch

Last edited by adrianw; 14th April 2024 at 17:44.

Andalusia Tips

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    That would be going for it in a week, I probably know southern Spain as well as I know Essex, if you can manage it , Malaga old town, maybe food at El Pimpi, Córdoba, and Ronda, if you get time Casares, my family live there, then Tarifa and maybe on to Bolonia

Ronda is a great place for lunch

Yes, maybe pushing it. We will drop Seville and Cadiz if needed, but want to keep to the Granada, Cordoba and Ronda towns and area.

I’ve mentioned it in a previous thread , but the rail network is excellent .
    Cheap, regular and very convenient .
    The cost of parking in the bigger cities can be expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Malaga, Tarifa, Cadiz is a good triangle to set for your exploration, with Ronda an absolute must on either your outward or return leg but don’t underestimate the time it takes to travel through the interior, away from the main roads. I used to regularly stay with friends in Jimena de la Frontera and set out to explore from there. Malaga Old Town was great for an overnight; Cadiz, Medina Sidonia, Ronda and Tarifa were great for day trips; but the real pleasure and what kept me coming back each year were the pueblos blancos away from the expat communities. We visited friends in Ubrique and Gaucin and would have stayed in either if we didn’t already have a place in Jimena.

Serville is beautiful, one of my favourite cities Granada is lovely too.
    As Adrian said, Rhonda is lovely for lunch and a wander round for a couple of hours.
    The bullring and museum well worth a visit.
    Last edited by John Wall; 15th April 2024 at 15:53.

Blog Entries
    Lebrija, been there with work 3 times in the last 6 months.
    Amazing town, great links to Cadiz, Sevilla and lots of of other places, great places to eat.
    I could live there.