closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Power Reserve Issue on a 2017 Planet Ocean 232.30.46.21.01.002

Question Power Reserve Issue on a 2017 Planet Ocean 232.30.46.21.01.002

Hi TZers,

I am after advise please on a watch I have recently purchased 2nd hand from eBay: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...23230462101002

The power reserve for this watch should be 60 hours but I am only getting 30 hours, I believe there are 2 barrels on this PO and it would sound like one on them is not working correctly.

I have fully wound the watch again (90 turns to be sure) and started the test once more, if it fails again it will need looking at, would it be reasonable to expect a full PR? BTW, the time keeping over the 30 hours was excellent.

Thanks
    Eddie

Blog Entries
    If it is only lasting 30 hours it sounds as if there may be a fault. If you wind it and then wear it for say 24 hours as well does it still only last 30 hours? If so then it might be worth asking an Omega service centre.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    If it is only lasting 30 hours it sounds as if there may be a fault. If you wind it and then wear it for say 24 hours as well does it still only last 30 hours? If so then it might be worth asking an Omega service centre.
    Thanks for that, I put it on my power winder yesterday after giving it 90 manual turns, it has only been 27 hours so far since so i will see if it is still running tomorrow. If all is ok it should run out of juice Monday morning.

Quick update, after manually winding and then using my power winder to finish the winding process off the PR is now over 60 hours.

So it looks like the manual winding process only charges one barrel and the automatic winder charges both.

OK, I wrote to Omega to get a definitive answer and this is what they have said regarding the 8500 movement:

"The 8500 calibre does have two barrels, but it's not one for manual winding and one for automatic - both barrels are for both methods.

Therefore a full manual wind of 65 turns should give the full 60 hour power reserve, even if the watch is not worn in that time. If it is only providing half of that, then the watch may need a service."