closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Whenever I hear anyone use the words "alchemy" or "alchemist" I think of the John Finnemore sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7g5em_Iug
    Strangely the first thing I think of is this:

Davide Cerrato obviously fancies himself as a modern day Lord Percy.

Gary

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Strangely the first thing I think of is this:

Davide Cerrato obviously fancies himself as a modern day Lord Percy.

Gary
    I think he sees himself more in the mould of Leonardo Acropolis:

They've gone from Bre-montre to Bre-monstrosity.

Still, at least the prices are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    They've gone from Bre-montre to Bre-monstrosity. ...

Followed by Bredundancies, and then Breceivership...?

Funny how everything prefaced by "Bre-" turns to s***.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

Not everything, fortunately :)

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

Breakfast? My high fibre cereal certainly does. Keep me regular as (imported) clockwork.

Well, I just ordered one of the old models!

At these prices, given they are mostly Sellita and can be repaired cheaply if the company goes bust, they’re starting to look reasonable, especially when you combine them with voucher codes.

The problem they really had was Tudor. Tudor became very successful and Bremont found themselves priced above it. Longines too has had a creative spurt at around £3k or below. If you put a Pélagos next to Bremont at full price, I don’t think I would take the Bremont.

The CEO was right about pushing the price down. Unfortunately, if they move the manufacturing to Switzerland, you might as well buy a CW Trident for £1k.

Quote Originally Posted by HectorHughMunro View Post

At these prices, given they are mostly Sellita and can be repaired cheaply if the company goes bust, they’re starting to look reasonable, especially when you combine them with voucher codes.

The problem they really had was Tudor. Tudor became very successful and Bremont found themselves priced above it. Longines too has had a creative spurt at around £3k or below. If you put a Pélagos next to Bremont at full price, I don’t think I would take the Bremont.

The CEO was right about pushing the price down. Unfortunately, if they move the manufacturing to Switzerland, you might as well buy a CW Trident for £1k.
    True. Although I’m not sure they had previously settled on what segment of the market they were aiming for. Whilst most models seemed to be the same market as Tudor they were pursuing the in-house movement and had quite a few pieces (mostly with bits of other things incorporated into the rotor) at much higher prices. It feels to me like it’s only now they have set their stall at chasing the lower end of the luxury market.

I don’t blame you. I built this on their MBII simulator today and absolutely love it. If only I could afford it :(
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by HectorHughMunro View Post