closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Latest MRI scanner images

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    90cm central opening? I guess that is the hole you go through? If so you wouldn't get me in one. My claustrophobia wouldn't allow it.

A nurse at the MRI when I went said 20% of people can't cope with the entombment of the normal MRI's.

After pressing the escape button a few times they put me in a MRI where you lay flat on a bed and this huge disc comes down but you arms are free so you don't feel so trapped.

I just about managed it.

That said the accuracy of the images was unbelievable so Gawd knows what the Iseult is like.
    After having a bike crash I found myself claustrophobic bizarrely. I think it was having a helmet on and not able to breath whilst lying on the road in a bit of pain with fractures and internal bleeds.

Anyways. I had to go for an mri scan recently and was really dreading it.

The nurses listened to my extreme fears, explaining it’s very common and to make it easier for me they put a large fan on with cold air circulating/blowing “down” the tunnel of the scanner. They also put eye shades on me.

What a difference it made and I was able to cope.

Worth asking Neil if ever you need one again.

Jim
    Last edited by Jimmcb; 16th April 2024 at 21:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    After having a bike crash I found myself claustrophobic bizarrely. I think it was having a helmet on and not able to breath whilst lying on the road in a bit of pain with features and internal bleeds.

Anyways. I had to go for an mri scan recently and was really dreading it.

The nurses listened to my extreme fears, explaining it’s very common and to make it easier for me they put a large fan on with cold air circulating/blowing “down” the tunnel of the scanner. They also put eye shades on me.

What a difference it made and I was able to cope.

Worth asking Neil if ever you need one again.

Jim
    Cheers Jim.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

If you are suffer from claustrophobia to a degree that makes you unable to endure a typical MRI scan, you can get sedation from your GP that will make all the difference.

I fell asleep in mine, a dozen years ago, but it was at 7am, and in those days, that was very early for me.