closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RMSD price increase

Master

RMSD price increase

Might have already been mentioned but just noticed RMSD up to £2500 has increased by 50%- Quite a hike but even at 22 quid still a decent service to use, very rarely have I sent something that hasn't arrived by 13.00.

Master
    I sent a watch yesterday - medium parcel -2kg - value £2500 RMSD -£14.65.

Todays price , same spec as above -£22.15

Great service but that is a piss take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from under £15 to over £22 is taking the mickey.

do they even pay out unless you have the original receipt from a UK shop or whatever it says in the small print

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    from under £15 to over £22 is taking the mickey.

do they even pay out unless you have the original receipt from a UK shop or whatever it says in the small print
    Probably best to use another courier then

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    People might just do that ,and that will be the problem for Royal Mail if they keep upping their prices on Parcels which is where the battleground for delivery companies is now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    People might just do that ,and that will be the problem for Royal Mail if they keep upping their prices on Parcels which is where the battleground for delivery companies is now.

But could you get another courier to deliver a £2500- 2kg parcel next day for less

For anything of value it is still a no brainer. Just have to suck it up.

I imagine those items in the couple of hundred pound range on SC which once went RMSD, are now going to go as signed for.

Master
    But could you get another courier to deliver a £2500- 2kg parcel next day for less
    Not yet, but others will catch on I reckon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    For anything of value it is still a no brainer. Just have to suck it up.

I imagine those items in the couple of hundred pound range on SC which once went RMSD, are now going to go as signed for.
    Yeap, maybe you are right - 24hr tracked signed would be my choice.

Royal Mail had that area covered for so long that other options are not currently there but fingers crossed another delivery company can do it cheaper than over £22 in the future at some point.

Master
    But that’s for cover up to £2500 - a £500 watch will still only cost you £8-35 from lands end to John O’Groats

I’m not sure many companies will want to take it on - £2500 cover - next day guaranteed for under £20
    I think they’d struggle to make it work

A CWC in a tin box value £2k was £18.95 a few days ago.
    I was unaware that the increase was so recent as it has been a while since I’ve SD’d something above £500.
    Still a relative bargain imo.

Craftsman
    Someone has to pay for the Post Master Horizon compensation and its not going to be the people who caused the problem and covered it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jonah View Post
    Someone has to pay for the Post Master Horizon compensation and its not going to be the people who caused the problem and covered it up.
    Royal Mail and the post office are two completely separate companies, RM have nothing to do with the Horizon scandal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonah View Post
    They’ve been separate businesses for over a decade

Grand Master
    Here's an idea....

How about us members move stuff about the Country or World.

Oh hang on.........

I wonder if the price increase is due to the same reason my ifs insurance limits were decreased (by a lot), thefts from UK post. (According to Jeroen anyway)

Its was good value before and still is IMO, I've used it 100s of times and up to now never had a problem.

Master
    The claim limit has increased but 50% also of course from £500 to £750

The claim limit has increased but 50% also of course from £500 to £750
    Not sure what you mean here?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Not sure what you mean here?
    I think it means that the standard included compensation within the price of RMSD has increased from £500 to £750, meaning you may not need to pay for additional cover for higher value items unless they exceed £750.

It does seem like a steep increase, but for the infrequent times I use it, still feels like a reasonable deal. Volume business users will have their own rates anyway, which may not be hiking as much.

Maybe it was too cheap before, and they want to take some volume out of the service, to preserve the integrity of it or even to avoid spending on increasing capacity. Maybe the RMSD service wasn’t profitable any more, or even it is and they’re trying to cash in. Who knows, it’s all guesswork on our part really, but 18 months ago a 1st class stamp was 95p, and as of today it’s £1.35 which probably says something about the reasons behind it.

Asshats, the lot of them. The post office, Royal Mail, in there death throes. If they were animals they'd be put down. "Service" if I dare call it that is abyssmal.

What's the matter with these idiots anyway? Why do they deliver at 4pm every single day for four years (regardless of whether they are supposed to be there before 1pm) then on the ONE day they have an RMSD to deliver they come at 9.30? Why? Do they hide around the corner and wait for you to go out?
    Last edited by catch21; 17th April 2024 at 12:37.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Asshats, the lot of them. The post office, Royal Mail, in there death throes. If they were animals they'd be put down. "Service" if I dare call it that is abyssmal.

What's the matter with these idiots anyway? Why do they deliver at 4pm every single day for four years (regardless of whether they are supposed to be there before 1pm) then on the ONE day they have an RMSD to deliver they come at 9.30? Why? Do they hide around the corner and wait for you to go out?
    Hahahah, Doesn’t sound like they can win. They arrive early and you moan like an old woman:)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post

Why not ask your friendly local Postman next time he calls, I`m sure he'll oblige with an answer.

I get on very well with our local posties, they do a fine job, if I`m out they sometimes have 2 goes at delivering. Can`t fault them, unfortunately the delivery time is harder to predict and it's inevitable that I`ll miss some deliveries, but it's hardly a reason to start moaning.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Why not ask your friendly local Postman next time he calls, I`m sure he'll oblige with an answer.

I get on very well with our local posties, they do a fine job, if I`m out they sometimes have 2 goes at delivering. Can`t fault them, unfortunately the delivery time is harder to predict and it's inevitable that I`ll miss some deliveries, but it's hardly a reason to start moaning.
    Why not ?- label them all aresehats