closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your favourite independent UK service centre

Your favourite independent UK service centre

Hi,

For those of you have big collections and regularly get watch serviced. I was wondering what your favourite independent UK service centre. I would only consider ones that are accredited / authorised by the manufacturer. Looking at servicing for Rolex and Omega watches for now.

I've been looking at the following:

Martin Walport
    Russell Talerman
    Steve Hale
    Prestige Time Services

Anyone had an experience with these?

Many thanks!

I’ve used Prestige in Cheshire several times, great service from them. As with most the only issue is the wait. I think each time it was about 12 weeks. They are Rolex Accredited and only use Rolex parts and they do the SDs which a lot of others won’t touch.

Prestige are my favoured option as I live 10 miles away from them so I can drop off and collect. How do they compare in terms of price to others and the official Omega Service Centre? Speaking of which I cannot seem to find any information about it on Omega's website. You don't seem to be able to order packaging and pre-paid shipping label from Omega's website like you can from Breitling.

Turnaround time of around 12 weeks isn't an issue for me. I have many watches in my collection to wear on rotation.

The official Omega Service Centre quoted me £590 including VAT to service my 2020 Seamaster.
    Steve Hale quoted me £590 excluding VAT. Why would anyone pay a 20% premium to have it serviced at a third party independent service centre?

Just had my SMPc serviced by Duncan Potter at Genesis Watchmaking, £365 and Omega accredited too. Excellent communication and was turned around in three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just looked at Genesis' website. Very good prices and the are also Rolex accredited. Their website could do with being updated as it looks like it was made in the mid 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted Vision View Post
    The official Omega Service Centre quoted me £590 including VAT to service my 2020 Seamaster.
    Steve Hale quoted me £590 excluding VAT. Why would anyone pay a 20% premium to have it serviced at a third party independent service centre?
    Sounds like an error to me - i’m pretty sure that Steve ‘s charges will be exactly the same as RSC’s, and certainly no higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted Vision View Post
    Just looked at Genesis' website. Very good prices and the are also Rolex accredited. Their website could do with being updated as it looks like it was made in the mid 90s.
    I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Genesis is highly recommended and that’s what matters (to you).

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Sounds like an error to me - i’m pretty sure that Steve ‘s charges will be exactly the same as RSC’s, and certainly no higher.

I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Genesis is highly recommended and that’s what matters (to you).
    I don't think it is. Someone from Steven Hale called me this morning and followed up with a confirmation email.
    Last edited by Distorted Vision; 3rd April 2024 at 17:57.

Duncan at Genesis is excellent.
    "A man of little significance"

Watch guy (Christian Dannemann) is pretty good for Omegas

Another shout out for Duncan at Genesis. Did my two Zeniths recently including a flyback el primero. stellar work.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Another shout out for Duncan at Genesis. Did my two Zeniths recently including a flyback el primero. stellar work.
    I didn't know he did Zeniths - useful intel thank you.