closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date

Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date

Recently picked this up in the Goldsmiths’ sale. I bought the orange version in 2020 for a bargain price, returned it like an idiot and regretted it ever since. The retail price went up and no one is discounting by close enough to get back to what I paid in 2020 - so I’ve never managed to pull the trigger again. Anyway, when I saw this I jumped. And I love it!

Quality is fabulous. I’ve had Rolex and Panerai before, and to me this seems to be at least as good if not better quality. My grail is likely an A Lange & Sohne. Anyone have experience of both brands and able to offer a view of how much better the ALS is compared to the GO?

Here’s a couple of wrist shots. Appreciate this won’t be to everyone’s tastes, but I love that it’s a watch that can be dressed up or down and retains character in both scenarios.

And here’s the one that got away!

Master
    Awesome watch! I’ve eyed them up in the sale as well. To me the new one is the pick of the 2. No experience of ALS, but i own a GO two tone panorama date Sea Q, so know only to well the quality of their watches.

Journeyman
    I always really liked the 60s square ones. Love the colours and the retro look. Just never really see them for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Fabulous watch. That dial is really something. Bit out of the ordinary - and a great size too.

FWIW I think the green one is the one to have - really lush - the orange is really nice but if I were going for it it would be the green.

I love these and was torn between the Green and fumé dialled Glacier Blue.

I went for the Glacier blue annual edition 3 hander in the end. I felt the date was a big big and thick for me and so went with he simpler 3 hander

Versus this one

I once tried a 70s on ,amazing quality and detail,ones definitely on my list to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a SeaQ PD, a Seventies and a Cosmopolite.

So I'm a bit of a GO-fanboi, but that aside I do like these. I think I prefer the blue dial three-hander, but they're all very nice.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The orange dial was lovely OP, I can understand your regret.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by benrapp View Post

So I'm a bit of a GO-fanboi, but that aside I do like these. I think I prefer the blue dial three-hander, but they're all very nice.
    The 70’s square is my favourite GO, it’s a beauty.

Great looking watch and good for you for getting one back. Though I do slightly prefer the orange to the green. The orange is almost literally fire.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by benrapp View Post

Love that case, can I ask where it's from?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments, and great to see all these GOs. I think as a brand they are so underrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Gent View Post
    Love that case, can I ask where it's from?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08K24FGZP