closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder price promise... sometimes

Master
    Blog Entries

Watchfinder price promise... sometimes

I've used WF a few times to buy and sell with only good things to say about them (hence why I went to them on this occasion), but felt this was a bit poor and wanted to politely vent 😊

I've seen a watch on the site I like but a chrono24 dealer has a certified one significantly cheaper so I filled in the price promise request.

Price Promise
    Found a watch cheaper elsewhere? We’re confident we can beat it. Simply call or complete the form below

I got an email back saying the watch wasn't exactly a match on age so offered a small reduction. I replied agreeing, as the WF watch was one year older than the match, so in theory should be even cheaper.

I asked them for a final price but they said that was it as the margin is too small at the matched price.

Although I have no problem with their position not to take a low offer and the wording allows them the wriggle room, it felt a bit underhand and they would be more transparent if they simply had 'make an offer' or similar.

I've always had a good experience with them in the past but wouldn't pay hundreds extra for the privilege.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Why not just buy from the other place?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Because I've used them before with a good experience

Master
    Had a very similar experience recently when I enquired in store about their price matching against a Sub LVc I had found cheaper elsewhere. I pretty much knew before hand that they’d wriggle out of their offer as the price difference was a couple of Łk despite the watchfinder watch being older. They just out right refused saying the other watch was too cheap and the margins weren’t right for them. Fair enough but don’t offer price matching if you have no real intention of actually doing it. I bought the watch from the other dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    As ever, lengthy legal stuff. Price promise near the bottom:

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    As ever, lengthy legal stuff. Price promise near the bottom:

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
    I had read that prior to discussing in store with them, ticked all boxes and they just refused due to it being at their discretion. A pointless promise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    I had read that prior to discussing in store with them, ticked all boxes and they just refused due to it being at their discretion. A pointless promise!
    I only skim read and assumed there’d be some “we don’t want to” get out. It sounds like one for the Advertising Standards people if they’re not even applying their own terms.