closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where best to sell gold ?

Where best to sell gold ?

I have a very nice 9ct gold neck chain that weighs in at just over 30gr that I bought off TZ but at 1oz I find it just too heavy to wear.

Nipped into our new local pawn shop today and there offering was really disappointing unsurprisingly.

Still the same recommendations 12 months on ?

I saw a dealer mentioned £22 per gram scrap value on the SC but not seen that myself.

Master
    Best bet would be to stick it back up for sale on TZ.

I've just had a look at hatton garden metals and they'll pay £552 for 30g of 9ct (I've used them before and all was good)

But if its a decent chain it should fetch more via a private sale than scrapping it.

Just checked the London Gold Centre - they'd pay £590. It pays to shop around :-)
    Last edited by catflem; 27th March 2024 at 17:15.

Grand Master
    Look up the current bullion price for gold. Calculate the gold content of your item (37.5%) if 9ct. Calculate the value if you got 100% of the current price, which you won't. Aim for 80% of bullion value if the item is hallmarked. You may have to work hard to get this, some gold buyers will try to rip you off but if you let them know the weight of your item and 'remind' them of the gold price they will know you're not gullible and won't try to lowball you.

Try the local shops, I wouldn't post it off anywhere. Despite the item being in good condition and perfectly saleable you'll still struggle to get more than a percentage of scrap value, I tried with a bracelet a few years ago and got nowhere. By all means try to sell on SC again but don't be over-optimistic about price.