closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Resizing a Farer bracelet

Craftsman

Resizing a Farer bracelet

I have just got this bracelet from Farer: https://farer.com/products/integrate...and-and-quartz. It says it fits wrists 16-23 cm; I am about 17 cm, so I need to remove most of the removeable links. The problem is that all the removeable links (with the little screws in the end of the link) are on one side of the bracelet, near the clasp. So, if I remove them this will mean the clasp is no longer central on the back of my wrist. Am I missing something here? Is there a way around this? If not, I think I will have to return the bracelet.

Thanks

Craftsman
    That would be weird, are both sides of the bracelet the same length with the removeable links removed or do they actually differ?

I can't understand why there would only be adjustment on only one side of the bracelet, it just doesn't make sense

Every bracelet I've ever had has been adjustable on both ends.

Sent from a technical device

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I can't understand why there would only be adjustment on only one side of the bracelet, it just doesn't make sense

Every bracelet I've ever had has been adjustable on both ends.
    Exactly.

Based on the official website photo's showing the bracelet and clasp, this issue appears to be the case. This is very bizarre.

If you look at another identical Farer bracelet for the 39.5mm models, it includes this photo clearly showing at least one link on the other side of the clasp that is missing from your bracelet.

The screw heads are obviously on the other (hidden side) of the bracelet via this photo. The bracelet side we can see is obviously the screw pin ends, so all the heads of the bracelet link screws are on one side of both parts of the bracelet.

Last edited by j111dja; 27th March 2024 at 21:20.

Craftsman
    Yes, the removable links are only on one side/one half of the bracelet, so if you remove those links the two “arms” of the bracelet would be very uneven lengths. The official photo shows this problem, but of course I did not spot this before purchase. What is ironic is that the instructions that come with the bracelet recommend removing links evenly to make sure the clasp is centrally located on the underside of your wrist, which is impossible because the removable links are only on one side.

I have contacted Farer to see what they say.

I am an idiot. The links are removable on both arms of the bracelet, but the screw heads are on different sides for each arm, so as you look at the bracelet from the side, you only see the screw heads for one arm, and it looks as if the other arm does not have removable links. Flip the bracelet over and you will see the screw heads for the other arm. I feel so stupid now. But also much happier. What a strange mixture of emotions. I think I need a lie down.
    Last edited by Tatters; 27th March 2024 at 21:35.

Journeyman
    If it is indeed an Oyster style bracelet it will have equal numbers of removeable links on each side but the screw heads appear to be on opposite sides of the bracelet when pictured.

All removeable links are identical to facilitate centering the clasp.

Craftsman
    I have got the bracelet properly and evenly sized now for my 17cm wrist; I had to remove 6 full size links (3 each side). The bracelet also has 4 half links; I may need to remove one to get the fine adjustment for size.

For £150 I think this bracelet is excellent value for money. I have fitted it to my Farer Discovery II, and it looks very smart now.