closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6 years to get to 250 posts.

Craftsman

6 years to get to 250 posts.

I wish Eddie a speedy recovery and I see a few posts about the now tiny trickle of new members. Understandable really, when Eddie has other more pressing matters. Although it's taken a very long time, I hope to play a straight bat in the classifieds and help keep watches circulating within the forum. Cheers all, I raise to you all a cuppa as I celebrate becoming a "Journeyman" where the joy is the route and not the grail destination.

Master
    Well the criticism of speed posting can never be levelled at you ;)

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyuk View Post
    I wish Eddie a speedy recovery and I see a few posts about the now tiny trickle of new members. Understandable really, when Eddie has other more pressing matters. Although it's taken a very long time, I hope to play a straight bat in the classifieds and help keep watches circulating within the forum. Cheers all, I raise to you all a cuppa as I celebrate becoming a "Journeyman" where the joy is the route and not the grail destination.
    What you selling? Rolex at RRP from 6 years ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a speed poster too

bowie

Didn't new registrations stop quite a while ago? Can't remember the original reason why...maybe an influx of potential scammers, bots etc.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    I am a speed poster too

bowie
    And a Leeds supporter, that's living dangerous round makem territory :)

Another speed poster here. :d

I'm closing in on being able to sell on sales corner - I'll be there by 2040 at my current posting rate...

Guilty as charged

Quality not quantity

Journeyman
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    I am a speed poster too
    bowie
    I remember that the internet was still on dial up connections for home use back in the early 2000s.
    Dial in with a modem, and it would turn off the phone line for 5 or 10 minutes while one whole page loaded up - with a slow moving blue line to show percentage progress.
    When I was job hunting online, I used to go down to the library and use their PC's for an hour a day because the connection was much quicker (and free = cheaper)
    Happy days

If everyone was like these "speed" posters the forum would have died off years ago.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    I'm very far from being a speed poster ... but i do enjoy reading some of the threads on here all the same ... i guess i'm more of a reader than a poster

Journeyman
    Definitely a speed poster... shouldn't be allowed!

My two hundred and thirty second post in nearly ten years!

Speed poster

Join date 2008
    576 posts here

Seem to fit the description as well!
    Looky when I joined!
    Brane

Craftsman
    I’m running at a similar rate OP.
    238 posts in 7 years.
    I don’t say much but I enjoy reading through the forum archives.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Pleased to see I’m not the only one taking it slowly. I think I’m at around post 120 in 6 years, which is crazy given that I seem to post daily via Tapatalk-I view all watch forums mixed together and have only just noticed that I needed to subscribe to various sub forums individually so hopefully I’ll contribute more going forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My name is goz211 and I am a speed poster.
    Almost 16 years as a member here, with a paltry 201 posts. I’ll do something special for number 250. See you in a few years.

In all seriousness, I read through the forum almost daily and have learned not only about watches, brogues, and which generation of the Mazda MX-5 is the best, but have also learned, for the most part, the forum is made up of genuinely good humans. Keep it up guys!
    Oh, and I will have a big announcement coming soon. It’ll be more relevant to the Hi-Fi world, but I know there are a few of you on here.

Journeyman
    I'm a lurker too. Would love to utilise sales corner to sell but just can't post for the sake of posting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alzone View Post
    I'm a lurker too. Would love to utilise sales corner to sell but just can't post for the sake of posting
    Go on…. Give it a go!!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Go on…. Give it a go!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alzone View Post
    This is me as well, lol.

Journeyman
    LOL, I was thinking about this today. I've been a memeber since 31st January 2009, 15 years and I haven't cracked 200. Very much a lurker. No idea how so many people get such high post counts.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by goz211 View Post
    My name is goz211 and I am a speed poster.
    Almost 16 years as a member here, with a paltry 201 posts. I’ll do something special for number 250. See you in a few years.

In all seriousness, I read through the forum almost daily and have learned not only about watches, brogues, and which generation of the Mazda MX-5 is the best, but have also learned, for the most part, the forum is made up of genuinely good humans. Keep it up guys!
    Oh, and I will have a big announcement coming soon. It’ll be more relevant to the Hi-Fi world, but I know there are a few of you on here.
    It's amazing how similar people are, love brogues, have an MX5 and loads of watches.

Journeyman
    I'm pacing myself.

13 years and 70 ish posts.

I use the forum as a resource and love sales corner. I trust what I buy from there, which is the point of the forum post count. I’d like to at least be able to reply to sales threads but I usually PM people.

This thread has made me wonder what type of character is the person with a high post count? Are they introvert and prefer remote interaction or are they extrovert and love the sound of their own voices?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon177 View Post
    13 years and 70 ish posts.

I use the forum as a resource and love sales corner. I trust what I buy from there, which is the point of the forum post count. I’d like to at least be able to reply to sales threads but I usually PM people.

This thread has made me wonder what type of character is the person with a high post count? Are they introvert and prefer remote interaction or are they extrovert and love the sound of their own voices?
    Personally I can't see the point of joining a forum (the clue is in the name) and not joining in with the chat.

Swapping info and generally enjoying the hobby with like minded folk is what it's all about for me and obviously plenty of other regulars.

If it wasn't for people like that there wouldn't be a forum that others could just "use as a resource" would there?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Personally I can't see the point of joining a forum (the clue is in the name) and not joining in with the chat.

Swapping info and generally enjoying the hobby with like minded folk is what it's all about for me and obviously plenty of other regulars.

If it wasn't for people like that there wouldn't be a forum that others could just "use as a resource" would there?
    I completely agree. I’m just not a big talker, so it’s replicated with forum use I guess. I do appreciate those who share the knowledge though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

I completely agree. I’m just not a big talker, so it’s replicated with forum use I guess. I do appreciate those who share the knowledge though.