closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car parking QR code scams

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Hope you enjoy, have a good time...weather here was a bit moody, overcast first thing but itīs turning sunny now, think Iīll nip out for a jog.

Interesting about the Ukrainians...itīs generally quiet in my vicinity, I couldnīt really hazard a guess who is being naughty.
    It used to be the Moroccan mafia and the looky looky men, the Ukrainians are taking over, there was a gunshots in Puerto Banus the other night

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    And yet despite the amazing weather and lifestyle and everything better in every possible respect, Spain still sits well behind the UK across the board in the 2024 World Happiness Report. I guess it's bloody amazing for privileged expats but not so great for the locals.

https://happiness-report.s3.amazonaw...024/WHR+24.pdf
    Don't some of the Nordic countries have the highest rates of suicide but also appear at the top of the happiness index as well? It's likely the weather / SAD has some impact on suicide rates in different climates.

You skillfully dodged the question on corruption in Spain. The UK's reputation may be dropping but it still sits someway above Spain, which is below the Bahamas and only just above Italy on the corruption index.

As a place to live Spain and the UK both have their pros and cons but I certainly wouldn't want to be a young person trying to get a job in Spain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Don't some of the Nordic countries have the highest rates of suicide but also appear at the top of the happiness index as well? It's likely the weather / SAD has some impact on suicide rates in different climates.

You skillfully dodged the question on corruption in Spain. The UK's reputation may be dropping but it still sits someway above Spain, which is below the Bahamas and only just above Italy on the corruption index.

As a place to live Spain and the UK both have their pros and cons but I certainly wouldn't want to be a young person trying to get a job in Spain.
    Yes , I saw that corruption dodge too but can’t be arsed to debate it. If he’s happy in denial and poking the bitter stick at UK all day so be it. Ignorance is bliss:)

Where can't young people get jobs in Spain? I'm curious

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Where can't young people get jobs in Spain? I'm curious
    I'm not sure of regional variations, however, as a total Spain has the highest youth unemployment rate in Europe with over a quarter out of work.

I'm not sure of regional variations, however, as a total Spain has the highest youth unemployment rate in Europe with over a quarter out of work.
    Certainly not in the south

Having read this it is probably not a fair or direct comparison https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yout...cation%20level.
    Last edited by adrianw; 22nd March 2024 at 18:12.

The problem with this is that different countries do not compare like for like. Here for example, a zero hours contract means you are employed.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    The problem with this is that different countries do not compare like for like. Here for example, a zero hours contract means you are employed.

A very salient distinction.