closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spring bar removal tool and link pin tool recommendations?

Spring bar removal tool and link pin tool recommendations?

I quite like changing the straps on my watch every now and again and don’t enjoy doing it using the spring bar removal tool I have (standard pen shaped tool). I have seen videos where a tweezers style tool is used and would like to invest in one myself. Can anyone recommend a decently priced one?
    I also fancy a pin removal tool too. So any recommendations for that too would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I use a Bergeon 6825 for those watches that can accommodate it. But they are not cheap, even less so these days. Would recommend though if you're going to be changing straps/bracelets a lot.

Master
    I bought a pair of spring bar pliers from Cousins and fitted Bergeon tips to them. They work a treat.

I got this from ali and very happy with it. Specifically for bracelets with solid end links where there is little room.

Don’t swap that often so this will do compared to the more pricey Bergeon.

You can turn the tips around as well for smaller / larger pushpins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    I got this from ali and very happy with it. Specifically for bracelets with solid end links where there is little room.

Don’t swap that often so this will do compared to the more pricey Bergeon.

You can turn the tips around as well for smaller / larger pushpins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks great for the price. I think I will order some up. The pen style tool I have is fine for natos but I think this style will be much better for bracelets.

I was about to ask the same subject. I've got a Burgeon 6767F springbar tool. I often find bracelets much harder than straps to change. With a strap, you can depress one end and there is enough room to angle the strap clear whilst keeping the springbar well away from contact with the lugs. With a bracelet, the end-piece that sits in the lugs has to come out square which often means both ends of the springbar need retracting.

Anyone got any good tips? Do those tweezer/plier tools allow you to keep the springbar depressed at both ends until you lift it clear?