closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firestick?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    You said how do I know no ones been prosecuted ?

I know they havent because it would be headline news !

Everybody on here breaks the speed limit everyday, thats against the law and that can lead to people dying.

Whats worse ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speeding isn't a criminal offence whearas theft is

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Speeding is a criminal offence.

Master
    Netflix have now worked out how to track IP addresses and turn off illicit users, so the ability is definitely there, how do you know that no one has been prosecuted?
    Never used these but I'd have thought a VPN was necessary, no?

I dont advocate for it, Im merely pointing out that its already widespread with millions of people in the UK using the services whilst highlighting the nonsense in the articles posted.
    Your posts certainly appear to support it - you seem to be stating "everybody does it, nobody gets caught, so why not?" Would you also support shoplifting if the chances of getting caught/prosecuted are low/zero? There really is no difference.

Stadiums wouldnt be empty at all. Thats complete nonsense, people can already watch every game of professional football on the planet from the comfort of their own home for 70 quid a year.

People go the game because the want to go the game.

I find it somewhat hard to believe that the majority of football fans have and are using these illegal services. However, you seem to have missed the point that I was referring to the suggestion that the PL should offer streaming services to all fans for all games for 10/month. The question put was 'why not?' and I gave one particular 'why not'.

The EFL already operate a streaming service, iFollow, for Tuesday evening and certain cup games and it has certainly affected attendances, particularly of away fans, (though home attendance has been affected too), at those matches; though this is offset to some degree by the EFL paying a portion of the match fee to the clubs involved.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Your posts certainly appear to support it - you seem to be stating "everybody does it, nobody gets caught, so why not?" Would you also support shoplifting if the chances of getting caught/prosecuted are low/zero? There really is no difference.
    Where have I said so why not ?

You cant just make things up.

Ive clearly stated there is no chance of prosecution and replied to earlier posts when people claimed it wasnt wide spread.

Its extremely widespread and theres no chance of prosecution.

Ive never advised people to get a fire stick or mag box.

In regards to the shop lifting comment I was the person who said whats the difference in speeding ? Thats breaking the law and can result in death and injury.

People who roll out those type of lines cant pick and choose what they see as law breaking.

Ever taken more than one pen from the stationary cupboard in work ? Thats theft.

Ever been drunk in a pub ? Thats against the law.

Master

Firestick?

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    I find it somewhat hard to believe that the majority of football fans have and are using these illegal services. However, you seem to have missed the point that I was referring to the suggestion that the PL should offer streaming services to all fans for all games for 10/month. The question put was 'why not?' and I gave one particular 'why not'.

The EFL already operate a streaming service, iFollow, for Tuesday evening and certain cup games and it has certainly affected attendances, particularly of away fans, (though home attendance has been affected too), at those matches; though this is offset to some degree by the EFL paying a portion of the match fee to the clubs involved.
    You genuinely have no idea if you believe the majority of football fans dont access games via illegal streams.

The Atheltic ran an article last year and in the first 6 months of the year 8 million people accessed sport via illegal streams in the UK.

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 12th March 2024 at 23:04.

You said how do I know no ones been prosecuted ?

I know they havent because it would be headline news !

Everybody on here breaks the speed limit everyday, thats against the law and that can lead to people dying.

Whats worse ?

That's a crazy and stupid generalisation without foundation or fact. Everybody on here? Every day? Wow, just wow!
    Best Regards - Peter

Speeding may or may not be a criminal offence, whereas theft certainly is.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Couldn't care less if someone has a hooky firestick
    Know lots of folks with them from all walks of life.
    I pay for sky sports,lionsgate,netlix,paramount,apple+,disney + and whatever else.
    Do I think my subscription costs would decrease if everyone was paying? Not a chance.

These devices are much more prevalent now.
    What was once perhaps just a few people down the pub and tech savvy youngsters has now spread to all parts of society.
    In my opinion this started during lockdown with people having to make cuts to there finances and has increased due to the cost of living crisis.
    When people are struggling financially they are not going to spend 1k plus on tv subscriptions.
    I don't have a problem with it, it's easy to sit on your high horse and call it theft, but if you are trying to make your families life a bit better in hard times is that so bad ?
    As regards to being prosecuted you have more chance of a visit from the police for telling a joke.

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Speeding is not a criminal offence, not paying the fine is

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I pay for sky sports,lionsgate,netlix,paramount,apple+,disney + and whatever else.
    Do I think my subscription costs would decrease if everyone was paying? Not a chance.
    Hard to say isnt it, if its as endemic as some on here are claiming, then the lost revenue is hardly going to keep subscription prices down is it?

Illegal streamers are effectively stealing from everybody else, even before you consider where the money theyre paying for such devices goes and what it might support.

Its pretty sad that people see it as a victimless crime, and think that content creation doesnt support real jobs and real people.

Speeding is not a criminal offence, not paying the fine is
    Well it classified as an offence under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, so it is no legal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Hard to say isnt it, if its as endemic as some on here are claiming, then the lost revenue is hardly going to keep subscription prices down is it?

Illegal streamers are effectively stealing from everybody else, even before you consider where the money theyre paying for such devices goes and what it might support.

Its pretty sad that people see it as a victimless crime, and think that content creation doesnt support real jobs and real people.
    The knock on effect worldwide is pretty significant.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Do you not think they'd increase if even more people move to illegal streaming?
    Best Regards - Peter

Master
    WHAT!!!??? :shock::shock::shock:

I wasn't sure but checked a number of solicitor sites and the answer is

Is speeding a criminal office? Yes, speeding is a criminal offence that is punishable by law.

I don't exceed the speed limit personally or shoplift, but not sure whether I could be tempted with a firestick...
    Last edited by redmonaco; 13th March 2024 at 12:35.

Master

I think they see it as victimless as the ones that loose out are global corporations, as someone said a few posts ago very similar to the fakes, when you can pick up a set of Nike trainers or a Canada goose jacket for a few quid the temptation is there to save a fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Do you not think they'd increase if even more people move to illegal streaming?
    I certainly wouldn't have one as I am not interested (Wife and Daughter swap between Netflix, Disney and Now on a yearly basis to catch up on whatever it is they watch on one that isn't on the others while subscribing to just one) but I can pretty much guarantee that any increase would be because they can get away with it and not because of illegal streaming. In fact, I think they are probably sacrificing part of their profits as we discuss this to find a way to stop it, as this would be a very fruitful investment.
    However, I am sure they would use pirating as an excuse for their next price increase without batting an eyelid.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Thought Id visit this thread again seeing as Id asked the question.
    The reason I want to try and find an alternative to sky is the fact that Ive been with them for many many years but youll still get a better deal if youre a new customer, ( hence why Ive just started a new contract as the old one was in my partners name ).
    Then even before Ive paid the first months bill theyve increased their prices, ( the contract does say they can do this once in 12 months ), but come on guys.
    I phoned them up to question this and they werent interested in discounting anything to offset this.
    Perhaps next time Ill look at their streaming service as well as the Firestick option to compare as apparently its cheaper
    Im not going to comment as to the rights and wrongs of using a Firestick from a third party as everyone is different and circumstances sometimes dictate what you do.
    What I will say though is I didnt know there were so many law abiding citizens around, Im obviously driving on the wrongs roads as I very rarely see people sticking to the speed limits etc, especially on the motorway, do 70 and youve got Eddie stobart up your rear end🙈🙈😂👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    What I will say though is I didnt know there were so many law abiding citizens around, Im obviously driving on the wrongs roads as I very rarely see people sticking to the speed limits etc, especially on the motorway, do 70 and youve got Eddie stobart up your rear end🙈🙈😂👍
    You were doing so well until the end. All wagons by law are limited to 90kph even though we can legally do 60 on a motorway. Stobarts like the rest of the big companies have telematics on the wagons so even doing 58 it sends an email to the transport manager saying so. We get hauled in and have to sign for every time we go over 58 as its the TMs O licence thats at stake. The only way youll get a wagon doing 75 if its brakes have failed its down hill and youre very close to dying.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    You were doing so well until the end. All wagons by law are limited to 90kph even though we can legally do 60 on a motorway. Stobarts like the rest of the big companies have telematics on the wagons so even doing 58 it sends an email to the transport manager saying so. We get hauled in and have to sign for every time we go over 58 as its the TMs O licence thats at stake. The only way youll get a wagon doing 75 if its brakes have failed its down hill and youre very close to dying.

It was said a bit tongue in cheek 👍

Not to mention the corporation tax that re-circulates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Ladbible FFS!. The Daily Fail holds more weight than that POS.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 15th March 2024 at 00:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Ladbible FFS!. The Daily Fail holds more weight that POS.
    The article is fairly heavy on legal terminology though.

While it's not against the law to own a modified or hacked fire stick, using it to watch the likes of Sky Sports is a big no-no and breaks copyright law.