closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Guidance sought - Oris Aquis Upcycle.

Blog Entries

Guidance sought - Oris Aquis Upcycle.

So, I am thinking of buying an Oris Upcycle Aquis 41.5mm and am looking for thoughts & experience of the forum collective. I have been following eBay and complete sets in good condition seem to be selling for about £1,500. There are cheaper ones available but they are either in poor condition or do not have the full compliment of links. I am fortunate enough to be able to get a minimum of 20% off in Goldsmiths (possibly a little more) so, for an extra £100 or so, I can get a brand new watch.
    The questions then are, does anybody on the forum have/ or has had one of these. This is followed by what were the thoughts around ownership.
    I know these watches are a little Marmite but I like them and think that the dial is fabulous.
    Thanks in advance.
    James

Guidance sought - Oris Aquis Upcycle.

I bought my Mrs one, new, about 2 yrs ago from AMJ in Newark.
    It was the 36mm but same principle.

The bracelet and case finish are excellent. Hefty but really well put together.

A few months ago the second hand fell off.
    Repaired under warranty in about 3 weeks.

The crown constantly unwinds itself.
    If she wears it for a few weeks without me checking, it is totally undone and “popped” out.

Make of that what you will, but I will be replacing it soon, as expect it will get flooded when she next jumps in the sea, or a hand falls off outside of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    A friend of mine has one, the green sunburst dial with the newer movement. It's a really nice watch but not long after he bought it the time keeping went right off. He sent to Oris under warranty and they replaced the movement apparently. It's been fine since.
    I was actually considering a blue dial but ended up with something more suitable for a holiday watch.

Blog Entries
    Cheers for the comments, certainly some interesting feedback. It would seem if I do go for one it will be new to reduce risk of parts failing. It’s a shame as the dial really is unlike anything else out there.

Just an update on this little thread - Mrs watch has just failed again.
    Watch winds manually and rotor goes round, but watch does not go.

Back to AMJ again tomorrow.
    If I could get rid, I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    So, I am thinking of buying an Oris Upcycle Aquis 41.5mm and am looking for thoughts & experience of the forum collective. I have been following eBay and complete sets in good condition seem to be selling for about £1,500. There are cheaper ones available but they are either in poor condition or do not have the full compliment of links. I am fortunate enough to be able to get a minimum of 20% off in Goldsmiths (possibly a little more) so, for an extra £100 or so, I can get a brand new watch.
    The questions then are, does anybody on the forum have/ or has had one of these. This is followed by what were the thoughts around ownership.
    I know these watches are a little Marmite but I like them and think that the dial is fabulous.
    Thanks in advance.
    James
    Yep, that's my post that's been linked.

I really regret selling that watch and I'll buy another soon! I was just in a phase of churn in the collection, it sold on here so might still be in someone's possession!

I've had no problems with the various Oris watches i've had over the years, but I can only speak as I find.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Yep, that's my post that's been linked.

I really regret selling that watch and I'll buy another soon! I was just in a phase of churn in the collection, it sold on here so might still be in someone's possession!

I've had no problems with the various Oris watches i've had over the years, but I can only speak as I find.
    I ended up taking the plunge, really glad I did. Quality is a big step up from previous Oris that I have experienced (and that wasn’t bad). Managed to get a really nice dial too (in my opinion anyway) as they are very different from watch to watch.

That's a lovely dial! It's nice and balanced with good colours. Enjoy!