closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Brits Awards

The Brits Awards

Struggling through this pile of dog manure of an awards tonight.

All I can say is British music talent is at an all time low.

Master

The Brits Awards

I’ve recognised one artist ( Blur). My partner is adamant we carry on watching but if one more presenter says how you doin’, make some noise. I’m going out for a beer.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 3rd March 2024 at 13:11.

Apart from the excellent Raye - who are these people?

The Brits Awards

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Apart from the excellent Raye
    About the best of a terrible bunch, but she ain’t no Winehouse, which she clearly models herself on.

Master
    Most of the artists appear to have an IQ of about 3. I know intelligence isn’t a requirement to make good music, but you’d think they’d be able to string a simple sentence together on national TV when they had advance warning. I’m embarrassed for them and had to turn over.

Terrible, badly scripted and filled with awkward silences….utter pap

Ivan Toney, co-presenting the award for Producer of the Year - tasty copresenter asks him "Any bets on who will win, Ivan?".

Highlight of the night.

By the way, I'm working, doing some editing; my present wife has it on in what to me is the background.

Utter, utter sh1te, and a fooking embarrassment to the British music industry.

I am hooked by the awfulness of the whole televisual experience.

I tend not to watch stuff on TV that I think I won’t enjoy.

I assume that most in this thread watched it so they could have a moan, in a non watch area of a watch forum!🤣🤣🤣

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m holding out for Kylie, the only one I have heard off.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

In general Brits has always been a bit wank. Mainstream shite. Nothing new.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 3rd March 2024 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I’m holding out for Kylie, the only one I have heard off.
    Edging?

At the South East best IT salesman awards for most photocopier paper sold, I am now going to insist i bring my Nana on stage.

It can't be worse than Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood.........................can in?

Master
    My two teenage daughters seem.to know 90% of the acts so maybe The Brits aren't exactly aimed towards the older, watch collecting, gentlemen........just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    The Brits aren't exactly aimed towards the older, watch collecting, gentlemen........just a thought.
    And the awards have never exclusively aimed at teenage girls.

Actually heard of a band that won an award, Jungle, First time in decades for me as I rarely listen to new artists post 2005!

Thanks god Kylie is a pro.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    And the awards have never exclusively aimed at teenage girls.
    True, but they do seem to like it, and as I said they know most of the acts. Not worth getting wound up about really is it?

The Brits Awards

Not worth getting wound up about really is it?
    I never get wound up. I just like a bit of observational sh1te to whinge and gawk at. It brings out the best in us sarcastic Brits.

Feck me, I have just survived a series of the masked singer. I hear teenage girls like that too.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 3rd March 2024 at 00:12.

My two teenage daughters seem.to know 90% of the acts so maybe The Brits aren't exactly aimed towards the older, watch collecting, gentlemen........just a thought.
    Bit ageist.

I'm hip.

I appreciate a groovy beat combo as much as the next 70-yr-old.

I never get wound up. I just like a bit of observational sh1te to whinge and gawk at. It brings out the best in us sarcastic Brits.

Feck me, I have just survived a series of the masked singer. I hear teenage girls like that too.
    I'm starting to see you in a ''whole new light'' - sympathies thoughts and prayers.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman

I’m glad to see this .I thought it was just Me turning into My Dad

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    I’m glad to see this .I thought it was just Me turning into My Dad
    I have a device near me that allows me to change channels if I think the current channel is rubbish lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I have a device near me that allows me to change channels if I think the current channel is rubbish lol.

Yes but do you also have the added accessory who tells you she’s watching?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Yes but do you also have the added accessory who tells you she’s watching?
    Am lucky we have similar tastes and would both rather be out for dinner than watching something whilst posting online about how rubbish a show was.

Also have TV v2 if we want to watch other things, hardly a luxury in this age, but guess some members prefer a pitty jerk over watching something they don’t TAG love.

Never mind the "older, watch collecting, gentlemen"...my daughter, although more 'current' than me but admittedly well past her teens, doesn't know who Raye is

About the best of a terrible bunch, but she ain’t no Winehouse, which she clearly models herself on.
    I'd never heard of her till now. Like you say best of a bad bunch. She sounded awful on my kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'd never heard of her till now. Like you say best of a bad bunch. She sounded awful on my kit.
    Louis Theroux interviewed her a few months ago. Seemed very down to Earth + decent artist IMO.

Master
    I was saying to my Mrs the last time we had any decent British music was mid 2000s the quality of modern music is awful there's plenty of older music I can't stand but at least it sounded like they knew what they were doing

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I was saying to my Mrs the last time we had any decent British music was mid 2000s the quality of modern music is awful there's plenty of older music I can't stand but at least it sounded like they knew what they were doing
    And the previous generation was probably saying the same thing about an earlier era.

My Spotify account followed list and play list would beg to differ.
    How about Wet Leg, Coach Party, slowthai, Bob Vylan, Hyphen to name but a few. None of them ever likely to end up on the Brits sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    And the previous generation was probably saying the same thing about an earlier era.
    Not sure of that. Autotune allows for "stars" that wouldn't have made it past the audition otherwise. I blame Simon Cowell et al.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master

The Brits Awards

This thread echoes of my dad when I was a kid moaning on about how crap my music and current music was at the time. I doubt he watched the Brits the other night (he is 73) but I suspect that he would love this thread whilst moaning on about all the other rubbish on TV and what does he pay his license for ?
    Yawn…yawn… yawn.. yeah right dad:) turn it over then!
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 4th March 2024 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    This thread echoes of my dad when I was a kid moaning on about how crap my music and current music was at the time. I doubt he watched the Brits the other night (he is 73) but I suspect that he would love this thread whilst moaning on about all the other rubbish on TV and what does he pay his license for ?
    Agree with this.

Surely Dua Lipa was ok

https://youtu.be/duW0dqdB4mw?si=VA53ILD6FYSSGpGv

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Same here and mine is a similar age. I’ll be fair though, he wasn’t wrong. My playlists now all include songs that I remember him listening to in the car etc and virtually none of the rubbish that I called music in the late eighties and early nineties.

I have no clue about what’s popular now so am guided by my 17 and 15 year olds. They were equally perplexed though, both thinking that international artist couldn’t possibly go to anyone but Taylor Swift. The youngest, as liberal as you can get and will happily lecture for hours on the various genders, said “why don’t they just rename it the rap and hip hop awards?” I thought that was just what the kids were listening to but apparently not, both gave up on it fairly quickly so it seems that the awards aren’t even relevant to their target market these days.

I can’t even begin to imagine what our parents thought of The Sex Pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    My Spotify account followed list and play list would beg to differ.
    How about Wet Leg, Coach Party, slowthai, Bob Vylan, Hyphen to name but a few. None of them ever likely to end up on the Brits sadly.
    I love BV, fantastic live. Looking forward to Truck and 2000trees this year, both feature a wealth of British talent.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH