closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying from Japan - EBay

Master

Buying from Japan - EBay

Hi

Seen something on EBay that I am considering- it’s a camera and most seem to be located in Japan.
    Anyone bought anything on EBay that’s come from Japan? Just wondering about timeframes to deliver, duty to pay etc?
    Cheers

Craftsman
    I have, on eBay.com a few times. Not cameras, but items ranging from 10s to several 100s USD, though not quite up to $1000. Some sellers added VAT at checkout, some did not. Most were sent via Fedex or EMS iirc. All arrived safely within 2 weeks or less, especially with Fedex. Fedex usually send you an invoice in advance (email) for Duty/(VAT if applicable) + their handling charge and you pay it before receiving the item. On occasion, the item has been delivered ahead of the invoice. I have also had the occasional phone call requesting clarification of the item in order for them to determine the amount of Duty/Tax to be invoiced. Antiques older than 250 (iirc) years qualify for 5% VAT only.

Craftsman
    Bought watches and fishing reels from Japan several times, never had a problem, generally arrives quickly with fedex and I've always had to pay duties. One thing I will say about buying from Japan I've always been pleasantly surprised by the condition of the item, in my experience I think the tend to under sell it.

Master
    I had something watch related from Japan, I forget what, but it arrived no bother and surprisingly quickly.

Bought a few camera lenses from Japan last year - generally very well described and condition bang on to the advert. I think all were shipped via Fedex, duties paid on notification and delivered no problem. Everything was super-well packaged and a great experience.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........