closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Getting the clasp in a comfortable position.

Master
    Blog Entries

Getting the clasp in a comfortable position.

Spin off of the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post

I was back in town today and as it has still been niggling at me I decided to get them to switch the ratio from 4/7 to 5/6 instead.

Clasp-wise, it probably actually did sit better how it was originally, as now its a little too far round my wrist the other way, but in my head at least I know its more even! Will keep it like this for a little while and can always just change it back myself if its annoying me.

I've bored myself with it all now, but its funny that its something I've never encountered before!

I’m fussy with this and have my Explorer with 6 links at 6 and 5 at 12, with the bracelet fitted the ‘wrong’ way round so the short side is at 6.

It’s about getting the ‘hard’ section caused by the clasp in the most comfortable place.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m always 5 at 6 and 7 at 12 with the clasp set on the 3rd adjustment in.
    In theory could do 5/6 but I like to be able to loosen in summer as I don’t like a snug fit.

I’m pleased that this both hangs perfectly evenly and sits centred on my wrist as I get very twitchy about uneven looking bracelets.

Because of the shape of my wrist I always have my bracelets (and also straps if adjustment is possible) shorter on the 6 o'clock side, and have also resorted to fitting bracelets the 'wrong' way round in order to make it more comfortable - which is what it's about for me, not symmetry.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Because of the shape of my wrist I always have my bracelets (and also straps if adjustment is possible) shorter on the 6 o'clock side, and have also resorted to fitting bracelets the 'wrong' way round in order to make it more comfortable - which is what it's about for me, not symmetry.
    Here is my Mark XX which again is short on the 6 side to keep it comfortable.

Much easier to achieve on the IWC bracelet than the Rolex.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Explorer with 6 links at 6 and 5 at 12, with the bracelet fitted the ‘wrong’ way round so the short side is at 6.
    A good idea, the minimum on the Rolex 6 side is always a touch long for me. Not unusable but could be better, I might have to try that.*

*EDIT - This post has slightly blown my mind, I’d never thought of this. I’ve now tried wearing various watches upside down to test this out, and sure enough both Rolex and GS were all better the other way. The single sided clasp mechanism sits neatly around the wrist when pointing towards the six side, resulting in a smooth bracelet and a better fit. The normal way round, there’s a bit of a bump on the 12 side due to the clasp, and it seems impossible to avoid. Presumably an issue for those with slim wrists?
    Last edited by Itsguy; 19th February 2024 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    A good idea, the minimum on the Rolex 6 side is always a touch long for me. Not unusable but could be better, I might have to try that.*

*EDIT - This post has slightly blown my mind, I’d never thought of this. I’ve now tried wearing various watches upside down to test this out, and sure enough both Rolex and GS were all better the other way. The single sided clasp mechanism sits neatly around the wrist when pointing towards the six side, resulting in a smooth bracelet and a better fit. The normal way round, there’s a bit of a bump on the 12 side due to the clasp, and it seems impossible to avoid. Presumably an issue for those with slim wrists?
    Not just for those with slim wrists but also for those whose are less symmetrical i.e. noticeably slimmer on the 6 than 12 o'clock side.
    I've also turned straps with butterfly and other clasps around, to the same effect.