closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up - significant discount on Longines Spirit 40m

Master

Heads up - significant discount on Longines Spirit 40m

https://www.fraserhart.co.uk/l381049...BoChuAQAvD_BwE

Just over 25% off for what is a very solid piece and value compared to other well known brands

Great PSA as that's a hell of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Great PSA as that's a hell of a deal
    You should buy it, then flip it 3 days later for 25% less than you paid.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 16th February 2024 at 02:26.

I wouldn't touch even at that price - I'd be looking at sub-£1000.

Heads up - significant discount on Longines Spirit 40m

They have some tasty 39 and 40mm bits, but am with Alan, they seem really quite pricey.

Maybe they are great, but the brand doesn’t seem to sell itself well - and it’s punching around Tudor pricing and beyond with a lot of prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    These are decent pieces and offer Omega quality at half the price or less. No I wouldn't pay £2K for one either but in the low to mid teens they are a sensible proposition. They use a 70 hour reserve, silicon anti-mag free sprung balance development of the 2892 which makes Omega's in house stuff like the 8500 or 8800 look a little redundant so can be viewed as pretty impressive on many levels except perhaps for brand awareness and residuals. They do 37, 40 and I think 42mm versions so mirror a little what Omega have offered under the Railmaster tag in the past.

Mine, the silver dial version swapped onto leather:

Last edited by Padders; 16th February 2024 at 16:55.

I might

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    You should buy it, then flip it 3 days later for 25% less than you paid.

I think sub 1000 is a bit optimistic Alan, it is a new watch after all. No one is going to get 55% off retail. However, I accept that even with 25% off, a potential buyer would take a bath if they decided to move it on.

I too have one of these and it’s a fantastic watch. I wouldn’t say it’s on par with Omega but easily as good as a Black Bay, bar the bracelet and makes a reasonable stand against an IWC Pilot.

Master
    Well impressed with my Longines Zulu time watch. Time keeping is pretty much spot on. 70hour power reserve is good.

Impressed by the quality, fit and finish of everything. Quick release spring bars makes swapping straps and bracelet a doddle. No scratched lugs to worry about. On a par with both Omega and Tudor in my opinion. Plenty of brand heritage too.

Paid retail for it last July but not looking to part with it so residual value is irrelevant to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Interesting comments about their brand power. I gather Longine sales are actually huge so they are very solid proposition. No one buying anything other than a sports Rolex , some Patek models or some limited addition Omegas are ever going to see an instant upward return ( I admit I got this on a Tudor once )
    So you buy at a good price and forget the residuals. When Longine have an offer for a pilot style watch at £1500-£1600 compared against other brands sports watches at 3/4/5/6k. I’d say it’s good value in the new market. If we do talk loss it could be £400 on the Longine and nearer 2k on other brands so actual residual loss is likely better on the Longines
    Anyway buy to keep rather than sell. I’ve no agenda on this . I tried on the 40mm but sadly no spare cash to buy one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Interesting comments about their brand power. I gather Longine sales are actually huge so they are very solid proposition. No one buying anything other than a sports Rolex , some Patek models or some limited addition Omegas are ever going to see an instant upward return ( I admit I got this on a Tudor once )
    So you buy at a good price and forget the residuals. When Longine have an offer for a pilot style watch at £1500-£1600 compared against other brands sports watches at 3/4/5/6k. I’d say it’s good value in the new market. If we do talk loss it could be £400 on the Longine and nearer 2k on other brands so actual residual loss is likely better on the Longines
    Anyway buy to keep rather than sell. I’ve no agenda on this . I tried on the 40mm but sadly no spare cash to buy one
    My thoughts exactly. If you only buy when you know you can sell at 20% over your outlay, this isn't for you, even at this level of discount. But then as you say that applies to 95% of the watch market. It's a watch not clip of Tesla shares. These fetch around a grand or slightly more on ebay used so yes you'll lose money if you buy one to flip, but as a watch they work perfectly well.

Even the so called blue chip flip watches aren't looking so good at present. If you own a steel Sports Rolex you paid overs on (or worse still a PM model) you have likely lost many multiples of the depreciation here in the past year so from one POV this is a good deal, just not an 'investment'. Even at list many Rolex models aren't that any more.
    Last edited by Padders; 17th February 2024 at 10:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    When Longine have an offer for a pilot style watch at £1500-£1600 compared against other brands sports watches at 3/4/5/6k. I’d say it’s good value in the new market. If we do talk loss it could be £400 on the Longine and nearer 2k on other brands so actual residual loss is likely better on the Longines
    Makes a lot of sense.
    If moving one on there is also the option of trying for a trade on SC for something else that someone has taken a similar loss on.