Am looking to see if any others have had a similar problem.

My wife’s parents sent us an unexpected parcel at Christmas as we decided not to do presents due to brexit and the problems.

However they did send a parcel resulting in an invoice being sent from fedex who had delivered the parcel one month previous with no mention of any excess to pay.

The gifts were valued at 120£ in total but were worth far less as who wants/needs silk pyjamas at 50 quid not me and they are now sitting in a charity shop…

My question is surely the cannot pay the import charge for me without my consent then just deliver it with no mention at the time it was from the eu and may have import duty charged at a later date.

If so what stops me on next months trip out there sending you the reader a parcel with fresh air in it valuing it at 900£ which your other half accepts at the door thinking you had bought more stuff from sales corner. Then one month or so later getting an invoice for tax surely as it’s open to such exploitation this cannot be legal.

They should have advised me prior to delivery of the charge and have no right to pay something then just charge me.

If so can I come round put up a fence in your garden and just send you the bill? You never asked for or accepted my quote but that seems not to matter

#brexitbenifits

Thanks rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk