closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: S5 trackers

Journeyman

S5 trackers

Does anyone have any recommendations for S5 car trackers? Brand or installer recommendations would be great! For insurance purposes it’s a requirement..

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a Smartrac s5 tracker with no tag no start functionality, fitted 8 months ago. Had no issues with it, the only drawback of it is that it takes 20 seconds or so to sync with the tag before you can start the car. The tag is a credit card that can be easily carried, other systems tend to have the keyring type tag. I used infiniti tracking, and spoke to a guy there called David who talked me though the options before I went with the Smartrac. https://www.infinititracking.co.uk/

Craftsman
    I'm also looking for a tracker - can't really add much to the discussion - was looking at Amazon at things like the GPSBob or some other SIM enabled device. That web site shows there's more to it - thanks for the link!

Journeyman
    Thanks.. wonder if it affects some of the tech in the car such as preheat.. will do some research…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    The no tag no start only affects the engine starting, the electrics still turn on. If you try and start the car without the tag it wont start and gives a "contact dealer" message.