closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sardinia in March?

Sardinia in March?

Anyone been and any advice?

I have to use up some annual leave and am thinking of visiting but want to stay away from the cities and this seems like a warm place to go to.

cheers

sam

We stayed in the Chia Laguna Village resort on the Southern Coast for our honeymoon.

The resort was nice with a lovely private beach and good food. I believe the best beaches are supposed to be in the south. This was 15 years ago.

We went for the last 2 weeks in September and the weather was fine and warm enough.

I have been in spring, probably closer to Easter, 10 years+ ago so my memory is a bit vague.

Stayed in the north, slightly back from the coast and higher up.

My memories are: pleasant sitting out in the evening with a beer or glass of wine eating salamis and cheeses served on pana carasau, the smell of Fennell along the road site, some grey and wet days (expected in the Med in spring), some beach time, the luxury resorts were not busy at all but they are not my thing anyway, seeing wild tortoises, seeing a Sardinian wild cat but didn't realise this until we got home, we saw it in a hilly wooded area and unfortunately it seemed to have injured its leg, having a hire car that I reckon came from the scrap yard, it was rough, serves me right for going cheap.

All in all, I remember a pleasant visit. In that region I've also been to Corsica, Sicily and Aeolian Islands and probably have a preference for these, but not a strong preference except in the case of Corsica which is a favourite.

Master
    I’ve spent some time down close to Chia in March.

Cool first thing in the morning. Italians will be wearing jumpers and coats. Northern Europeans it’s tee shirt weather.

Good chance that some restaurants and bars will not be open or will have reduced opening hours.

Flight choices to get there probably not the best. Ryanair direct from Luton but not every day of the week. Indirect flights usually via Rome or one of the Milan airports. All are easy but obviously adds time and cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all, may wait for the direct flights to start