closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help me interpret this eBay message!

Craftsman

Help me interpret this eBay message!

I've sold and bought a few items on eBay recently, and got this message from eBay a couple of days ago:

Hi

We had a payment initiated by you for £4.96.

Since this charge has resulted in a payment dispute, we will deduct £4.96 from your total funds pending payout. If your total funds pending payout are insufficient, your payment method on file will be charged pursuant to your authorisation in the Payments Terms of Use, and we may aggregate all outstanding amounts owed.

I cant for the life of me figure out what this means. None of my buyers have been unhappy about their purchases or raised payment disputes with me either in eBay or PayPal. And for the stuff I've bought myself, obviously I'd know if I initiated some sort of issue.

Anyone know what the message means??

E-mail message or mesage within the ebay website(on your home page) ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    E-mail message or mesage within the ebay website(on your home page) ?
    message within the eBay site (under "my messages").

Master
    Could it be related to a postage charge for something you sold and used eBay postage for?

I have had a few things like this on eBay, a refund for an undelivered then the buyer asked a question about how to use it.

If you use their shipping with Evri they seam to almost every time say you have underpaid for shipping. They charge extra and handling fee.

Feels like it’s not worth selling on the there anymore, sold six things by the time all the charges and refunds and fees it cost me £36 no point in bothering might as well take it to the charity shop and be £36 better off

Could be a phishing email. If you received emails from Ebay. Check them against this one

Should also be the same email in your messages Ebay folder

Help me interpret this eBay message!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    If you use their shipping with Evri they seam to almost every time say you have underpaid for shipping. They charge extra and handling fee.
    I use eBay shipping all the time, mainly EVRI, Parcel Force, Royal Mail or DPD.

I always measure and weigh my parcels and pay the correct postage and never have an extra charge applied.

If you pay the correct amount first time, you’ll not need to pay a second charge.

As it has come through your eBay messages, the chances are that the parcel was larger or heavier than the postage you paid for.