closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMSD - a warning

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    I thought you are not able to take Royal mail to smalls claims court. Far as I am aware they chuck this at folk case study "Harold Stephen & Co Ltd v Post Office"

Sent from my SM-A245F using TZ-UK mobile app

Their default defence. Think it has been successfully challenged in respect of premium services such as “Special Delivery”

Thread below is a good read, Ryan. Gives you some idea of the lengths Royal Mail will go to to make any legal claim as difficult as possible. Laughable (in respect of RM’s attempt at a complex defence) for the relatively tiny sum but the Claimant was successful.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-to-court-won/

Master
    Very poor by Royal Mail but just a bit of info. I’ve had Lots of things that get sent to Glasgow delayed. When you check tracking it’s in Belfast.??? No idea why they do this but it happens frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Very poor by Royal Mail but just a bit of info. I’ve had Lots of things that get sent to Glasgow delayed. When you check tracking it’s in Belfast.??? No idea why they do this but it happens frequently.
    I am pretty sure I have had that happen as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Royal Mail are generally very good but if it goes wrong try getting anything out of them.

Good luck Ryan. Hope you can sort them out.
    That's the nub of it - it's a pretty reliable service but when it goes wrong they are absurdly intractable. As others have said warning letter and then Small Claims are the way to go here.

Toby Jones has already been sent the script.*

(*Yes I know PO and RM are not the same thing.)

Master
    I've nothing to add to the excellent advice above other than to wish you swift justice.

I can understand why RM consider BF to be responsible but I'm with those who have suggested that's a matter between them and not you, as your 'contract' is with RM.

Quite typical no one wants to pay especially Royal mail lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Their default defence. Think it has been successfully challenged in respect of premium services such as “Special Delivery”

Thread below is a good read, Ryan. Gives you some idea of the lengths Royal Mail will go to to make any legal claim as difficult as possible. Laughable (in respect of RM’s attempt at a complex defence) for the relatively tiny sum but the Claimant was successful.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-to-court-won/
    Sent from my SM-A245F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Is this a distribution chain issue? Belfast as a stopping-off point for some Scottish parcels from bits of England?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I've responded to RM stating my intention to take this to the Small Claims court. Will cost £70 to file my claim

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I've responded to RM stating my intention to take this to the Small Claims court. Will cost £70 to file my claim
    Well done and best of luck getting a positive result.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Good luck. Most companies rely on individuals inertia.

I don’t know if you followed my laptop thread, where the laptop died and the seller told me to do one.

Just the threat of small claims court (I had a very watertight case) and they suddenly became extremely helpful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Is this a distribution chain issue? Belfast as a stopping-off point for some Scottish parcels from bits of England?

Belfast obviously now triggers Brexit/ customs issues, but is the home of RM's lost & found effectively. So either it was mistakenly diverted there, or there was potentially some issue with the label which required intervention/ investigation, hence heading there.

Craftsman
    Oooof: so any lost and found parcels now enter the most high-effort part of the country with all the border complexities? Doesn't seem like that arrangement should last.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    ... but is the home of RM's lost & found effectively.
    Genius ... another Brexit bonus ...

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I know. I literally pi55 myself every single time someone does this.

Honestly, how the ignorant peasants aren't au fait with the sale, break up and structural reorganisation of the previously state-owned single entity, I'll never know. Idiots!
    We come for the sarcasm, but stay for the coloured font ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    Belfast obviously now triggers Brexit/ customs issues, but is the home of RM's lost & found effectively. So either it was mistakenly diverted there, or there was potentially some issue with the label which required intervention/ investigation, hence heading there.
    Ouch. But good to know, thank you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Good luck. Most companies rely on individuals inertia.

I don’t know if you followed my laptop thread, where the laptop died and the seller told me to do one.

Just the threat of small claims court (I had a very watertight case) and they suddenly became extremely helpful.
    Hard to follow now.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...l-Claims-Court