closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credor 'Kuon' GCLX999 - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think at some stage Seiko will run out of landmarks/rivers/lakes/astrological phenomena to look out over and at that stage they'll run out of inspiration for new releases.
    They will just have new rivers built.

Looking forward to seeing the real pictures of this.

OK it's arrived at Heathrow. Had a £1200 customs bill which I paid. What I found interesting was the seller insisted I show him the completed VAT transaction before he'd activate the warranty on the watch - either this is a Credor stipulation or he's very vigilant about ensuring correct customs charges are paid on everything his store ships! Not an issue on my end as I'd factored in paying import VAT but I've never had a retailer go to this length before!

OK it's arrived at Heathrow. Had a £1200 customs bill which I paid. What I found interesting was the seller insisted I show him the completed VAT transaction before he'd activate the warranty on the watch - either this is a Credor stipulation or he's very vigilant about ensuring correct customs charges are paid on everything his store ships! Not an issue on my end as I'd factored in paying import VAT but I've never had a retailer go to this length before!
    Ver strange. I’m assuming you could activate the warranty be registering the watch anyway, though?

That is a stunning watch!

Way to dressy for me - but love it all the same.

Weird. Maybe he was activating the watch/warranty in your name?

One thing is for sure Ryan when you sell it you’re going to want a face to face or no members in Northern Ireland or Scotland.

Can we see it then Ryan? You tease!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pictures or it didn’t happen.

£1200 customs bill.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    The customs bill is only what's built into every watch price in the UK. Having to pay it in isolation makes it more obvious (and painful!).

Presume Ryan would have had the Japan tax discounted (10%), so the nett to pay would likely have been £600

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Can we see it then Ryan? You tease!!
    It's not delivered yet, still with DHL

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    The customs bill is only what's built into every watch price in the UK. Having to pay it in isolation makes it more obvious (and painful!).

Presume Ryan would have had the Japan tax discounted (10%), so the nett to pay would likely have been £600
    I'm guessing the price the retailer gave me was net of Japan tax but I did have to pay £1200 to DHL. For anyone interested in getting to grips with the whole duty/VAT thing on imported watches here is the charge breakdown;

Amused to see that you also had to pay the 20p duty, which they never used to bother with. (I've recently had the 20p charge on a Breitling that I bought from a seller in Australia).

It arrived this am. I'll take a few days before giving my thoughts, not for any negative reasons though. Lighting is terrible today so I've taken some phone ones in the bathroom - it's much prettier than these photos show.

Credor is a weird brand as they do some £400k watches and also some watches that look like you could buy in Argos. This piece definitely feels premium, more so than Grand Seiko. Finishing is immaculate, case complexity is superb and the movement finishing is spectacular with its whole Japanese zen garden theme. Even how they've executed the power reserve is lovely.

Bracelet is very thin and I can see why they've gone pin links just like Patek did for their SS bracelets on the latest versions of the 5167 and 5711. For screws you'd need to use very small micro screws and as each link has 7 separate parts to it that's just going to be an enormous faff.
    Clasp is a standard GS clasp, finished the same.

Looks good. A couple of shots in natural light would be good if you’re popping out at any point.

For me this goes straight onto the list of watches which I 99% will not buy but will spend pointless hours researching and watching videos of for the next few months.

Master
    Surprised to find a standard GS clasp on such a prestigious timepiece. Hopefully different on their megabucks versions.

Movement looks exquisite!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It's nice but the most impressive thing about this watch IMHO is the case complexity, the different flows and how it is almost scalloped. It must be very difficult to do. My pics don't show this whatsoever and that's a big shame but for sure that's where this watch really impresses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Surprised to find a standard GS clasp on such a prestigious timepiece. Hopefully different on their megabucks versions.
    Doubtful. Their megabucks stuff usually comes on croc strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yep, would love to see some comparison shots between this and the GS version.

Jury’s still out on the crown guards imo. I get what they’re trying to do, but I’m not sure it’s successful.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Yep, would love to see some comparison shots between this and the GS version.

Jury’s still out on the crown guards imo. I get what they’re trying to do, but I’m not sure it’s successful.
    On the wrists they work IMHO, in a very Japanese way. What is striking though (and again, doesn't show in pics, really I should be dropping this round at Tony's to do it justice) is how the porcelain dial is NO DIFFERENT to the one on the Eichi II. It has that exact organic lustre and makes the watch. That being said on the Kuon the indices have clearly been printed and not hand painted, but being honest I'm not sure how I'd feel if I'd forked out £50k for an Eichi II and then handled the Kuon. I know the Eichi is precious metal and has a Micro artist movement, but still..... The case is IMHO better on the Kuon - far more complex!

Thanks for uploading pics Ryan. It looks good but I totally get that pics won't do it justice. Movement looks amazing.

Blog Entries
    Really lovely to look at, I'd be gazing at that porcelain dial all day, instead of the work monitor.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

It’s a very interesting watch, I have to say it looks better from behind (the movement) than from the front to my eyes but I am sure it is difficult to get the quality of the dial to show up in pictures, especially when taken with a phone. There are plenty of watches I feel the same about. (Looking at you GO)
    It’s nice to see something different on here and I look forward to a fuller review in time.

I like the way the power reserve is discretely on the movement at the back and not cluttering up (and ruining IMO) the dial as it does on many GS's.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Couple of pics outdoors in natural lighting.

Blog Entries
    Lovely!

Nineties looks my behind.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Couple more outdoor pics of the case sides so you can see the complexity. Imagine thinner Moser watches and that's close.

Case finishing is impressive

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Case finishing is impressive
    Very similar to GS, zaratsu etc. But the case complexity is higher than say the Omiwatari which I guess is the GS most similar

Looks fantastic. The case is so slim! Makes sense the bracelet should be thin, more refined look.

The glowing dial also looks amazing, it was one of the things I like most about the Eichi II when I saw it in person.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Looks fantastic. The case is so slim! Makes sense the bracelet should be thin, more refined look.

The glowing dial also looks amazing, it was one of the things I like most about the Eichi II when I saw it in person.

Has the same handset as the Eichi as well, minus the crescent on the second hand.

I think it looks absolutely amazing - the pictures are so much better than the video.

Looking at the pictures I think the crown guards look great, sort of flowing the crown into the case.

Would love to see it in real life.

Has the same handset as the Eichi as well, minus the crescent on the second hand.
    Yes! I prefer it without the crescent.

I’m sure the list of people wondering if they should offer to buy Ryan a cup of coffee to see the watch in person is a good 5-10. Intriguing watch.

Master
    Love the case and backside.

I like the bracelet too! What do you think of the bracelet, Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Love the case and backside.

I like the bracelet too! What do you think of the bracelet, Ryan?
    Bracelet is nice and comfortable. It feels like a thinner version of the Rolex Jubilee, both on the wrist and also when handling it. I do wish though there was micro adjust - Credor has ported that deficiency across from Grand Seiko. That being said the links are small so it isn't that hard to get a decent fit but at the price point this will enter Western Markets (will have a $13995 USD RRP by all accounts) the watch simply has to have a micro adjust on the clasp.

Master
    Sounds about right. Doesn’t it feel ‘flimsy’? It looks so fine…

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Sounds about right. Doesn’t it feel ‘flimsy’? It looks so fine…
    No not flimsy at all. It's got very tight tolerances and quite extensive bevelling. It feels like an expensive bracelet but for sure not a sports bracelet.

Master
    Cheers. Would like to see one for sure.

Great acquisition!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I’m sure the list of people wondering if they should offer to buy Ryan a cup of coffee to see the watch in person is a good 5-10. Intriguing watch.
    You're not wrong! Train strikes currently delaying this but it will happen.

I reckon we need to unleash Tony or Nono on this with their camera skills, then you'll see the details better.

You're not wrong! Train strikes currently delaying this but it will happen.

I reckon we need to unleash Tony or Nono on this with their camera skills, then you'll see the details better.
    I do need to set a day aside to shoot a few recent incomings, so may be doable.

Funny how some amateur pics (not knocking them!) give a much better impression than the 'official' images - I kinda get this watch a lot more now: it's not for me, but it is impressively elegant and beautifully put together.

Master
    Great thread, and thanks to Ryan for taking a punt, and taking the time to share.

So much I like about this - dial, hands, spring drive, caseback etc. if it were able to be on a strap it would be hard for me to resist. Have lays liked the Eichi II but found it a little big and a little inflexible (looking very dressy. Something like this looks a much more balanced option, but for me would really need to be worn either strap or bracelet.

Back in Japan soon, and will definitely be having a look for this one to see in person.

Price has shot up on these in Japan since I purchased so for once my timing was good!

Price has shot up on these in Japan since I purchased so for once my timing was good!
    It did seem like a good deal