closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bracelet Polishing Done Right

Bracelet Polishing Done Right

Takes time but does look good I think.

Grand Master
    Yep, agree 100%.......imagine if you’d had to teach yourself and work with makeshift equipment to get those results!

I’ll never understand the aversion to refinishing, watches and bracelets should look as the manufacturer intended, the sharper the better.

They look amazing Barry!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Yep, agree 100%.......imagine if you’d had to teach yourself and work with makeshift equipment to get those results!

I’ll never understand the aversion to refinishing, watches and bracelets should look as the manufacturer intended, the sharper the better.
    Really this work is mostly for deales and the finish is the same a OEM, I can post you some side by side shots if it helps

Craftsman
    Those look absolutely amazing.

As Paul says, some level of work involved in bringing those back to how they are now, and I am always in awe of those who possess the skills, confidence, and equipment to achieve this.

Thanks for sharing.

As a side note, did you have to re-tighten any of the bracelets/ links.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    Those look absolutely amazing.

As Paul says, some level of work involved in bringing those back to how they are now, and I am always in awe of those who possess the skills, confidence, and equipment to achieve this.

Thanks for sharing.

As a side note, did you have to re-tighten any of the bracelets/ links.
    I was lucky and didn't have to with this ones

I've repined some before and its really time consuming, so I try and stay away from them if I can LOL

Master
    Beautiful finishing.

How would it work on something like an Omega double eagle where the brushing is the other way around vs Rolex? Harder to manipulate the bracelet, or just a different masking technique?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Beautiful finishing.

How would it work on something like an Omega double eagle where the brushing is the other way around vs Rolex? Harder to manipulate the bracelet, or just a different masking technique?

Easy, but tedious. That’s why I won’t take these jobs on, very time- consuming to get right.

When I refinish bracelets ( or cases) I get the damage out by hand before going near a wheel, that ensures the minimal metal is removed, but it takes too long. I’m not suited to tedious work and that’s why I virtually stopped doing refinishing.

Exceptional :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Easy, but tedious. That’s why I won’t take these jobs on, very time- consuming to get right.

When I refinish bracelets ( or cases) I get the damage out by hand before going near a wheel, that ensures the minimal metal is removed, but it takes too long. I’m not suited to tedious work and that’s why I virtually stopped doing refinishing.
    Yep I agree takes longer for sure but fully do able , I like to use a felt as that way I can move the metal around more

Master
    V impressive. How long did it take you to master this process, Bazza?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    V impressive. How long did it take you to master this process, Bazza?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app
    There is stay more to learn, we are looking into getting a lapping machine next, I have access to a laser welder

Master
    Looks very professional I must say, nothing worse than a beat up bracelet.

Master

That is how I’d assumed, it can be done but a ball ache. I’ve done some cheaper ones that are the length of the bracelet and can get on with that, the Omega just annoys me trying

Alas we have 2 in the household & my perpetual seems the worst of them (excluding a 25yr old one that omega seemed to round the edges on the bracelet and before I knew better detail wise)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    There is stay more to learn, we are looking into getting a lapping machine next, I have access to a laser welder

Laser welding is amazing having seen previous examples.

So are you pro or amateur, but access to the right tools through similar but different work that allows you to have these finishes? The polishing / brushing wheel doesn’t look like a garage toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Laser welding is amazing having seen previous examples.

So are you pro or amateur, but access to the right tools through similar but different work that allows you to have these finishes? The polishing / brushing wheel doesn’t look like a garage toy!

I'm still studying at University but for the last 8 month I've been working non stop at https://ajwsl.co.uk on both servicing and polishing.
    Your right about the polisher its a few thousand pounds bit of kit plus then the 8 bar streamer and all the ultrasonic cleaner and dyer
    As for the finishing its all down to speed and compounds, the brushing finishing depends if you working on vintage or not.
    Last edited by bazza.; 21st January 2024 at 22:15.

Impressive work, very well done

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

They look great

Journeyman
    Well, those look absolutely brilliant!
    Now I really want my Seamaster bracelet redone.
    It was given a mop polish at its last indy service that flattened the polished portions of the bracelet.
    It didn't really bother me until I saw the quality of work in the OP 😮

Craftsman
    Fantastic work! There's something so satisfying about a well-worn bracelet being restored to its former charm. Thanks for sharing!

Journeyman
    I'm still studying at University but for the last 8 month I've been working non stop at https://ajwsl.co.uk on both servicing and polishing.
    Your right about the polisher its a few thousand pounds bit of kit plus then the 8 bar streamer and all the ultrasonic cleaner and dyer
    As for the finishing its all down to speed and compounds, the brushing finishing depends if you working on vintage or not.
    Some fantastic examples of your work there,really exceptional.
    I've just dropped a message in the ajwsl website there and will hopefully be availing of your services soon.

Massive congratulations on that outcome, Bazza... really pleased that you must be "living the dream" now. Lovely to hear.

Can you just clarify whether AJWSL is accredited at all, and also advise whether it has access to genuine/OEM parts for the major brands?

Quote Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
    Some fantastic examples of your work there,really exceptional.
    I've just dropped a message in the ajwsl website there and will hopefully be availing of your services soon.
    Cheers Sir

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Massive congratulations on that outcome, Bazza... really pleased that you must be "living the dream" now. Lovely to hear.

Can you just clarify whether AJWSL is accredited at all, and also advise whether it has access to genuine/OEM parts for the major brands?
    We aren't accredited but do have access to many genuine parts, so always like to give the option to the customer as there can be a big difference in price but not so in operation.
    Vintage models are harder but we do have a good supply parts in already.