closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Cartier price rise

PSA Cartier price rise

Thought I'd mention I tried on a couple of Cartier Santos yesterday in Liverpool 1 Goldsmiths.
    The very knowledgable rep there, Doireann, told me there is to be a 15% hike in Cartier prices at the end of this month. Apparently they are hoping their reputation in the jewellery world, coupled with an intensive promo push on the history of their watchmaking, might help them into the kind of "exclusive mindset" of Rolex buyers. I laughed but I think we all know these luxury brands think differently to us mere mortals.
    She had rushed through the purchase of her dad's new Dumont in order to beat the increase.
    Thought it worth mentioning in case anyone is on the fence. In the case of the large Santos that's a well over £1k hike.

Pics for interest:

Also tried the Zenith Chronomaster Sport. Looked lovely on the blue strap:
    Last edited by tobywatches; 20th January 2024 at 13:40.

TBH for what you get with a Cartier watch vs what Omega/Rolex charge for watches of considerably lower quality then arguably Cartier are underpriced.

Still expensive through!

Does anyone have any more information on this? I’m tempted to buy another Santos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always picture these brands' board members being like Beavis and Butthead shouting "Huhu, give them another price rise, huhu" and like lemmings people say "OK".

Master
    Laughable, the prices have already risen massively over the last two years. Are they mad?

Step 1. Increase prices constantly and get the same profit (or even more) out of less watches.

Step 2. The tide goes out, the watches are too expensive, not many people are buying anymore.

Step 3. Give discounts at point of sale to close people while saying discounts are unheard of and you should take this opportunity with both hands. The final price is still above the original price.

Step 4. In the window/website with sale stickers. The sale price is the same as the original price.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Thought I'd mention I tried on a couple of Cartier Santos yesterday in Liverpool 1 Goldsmiths.
    The very knowledgable rep there, Doireann, told me there is to be a 15% hike in Cartier prices at the end of this month. Apparently they are hoping their reputation in the jewellery world, coupled with an intensive promo push on the history of their watchmaking, might help them into the kind of "exclusive mindset" of Rolex buyers. I laughed but I think we all know these luxury brands think differently to us mere mortals.
    She had rushed through the purchase of her dad's new Dumont in order to beat the increase.
    Thought it worth mentioning in case anyone is on the fence. In the case of the large Santos that's a well over £1k hike.

Pics for interest:

Also tried the Zenith Chronomaster Sport. Looked lovely on the blue strap:
    Picked up the green santos at the weekend. Was tempted for ages so the this pushed me over the edge

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    TBH for what you get with a Cartier watch vs what Omega/Rolex charge for watches of considerably lower quality then arguably Cartier are underpriced.

Still expensive through!
    I guess that’s why Roger Smith wears his Rolex, and his sister wears her Cartier ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico View Post
    Picked up the green santos at the weekend. Was tempted for ages so the this pushed me over the edge

Sorry! (And congratulations - lovely watch)!

Journeyman
    Don’t be sorry I love it. Just got to convince my wife it was a good buy and couldn’t afford not to

Don’t be sorry I love it. Just got to convince my wife it was a good buy and couldn’t afford not to

It’s a beauty. I’m torn between this and the blue variant.

Journeyman
    They are very nice. The green I think has to be seen in the flesh to know as shade of green is quite unusual. The problem I had was finding one in a store to try

They are very nice. The green I think has to be seen in the flesh to know as shade of green is quite unusual. The problem I had was finding one in a store to try

Well congrats on the new watch! You may have got a bargain when 1st Feb rolls round. We will see.

No rise as of yet!

Craftsman
    I have tried on the blue as well as the green large Santos, they are very nice pieces. However, if you have connections in South East Asia, you can get a used Santos for a very good price. Especially the white large size one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    The very knowledgable rep there, Doireann, told me there is to be a 15% hike in Cartier prices at the end of this month.
    If there has been no price rise, will anyone be contacting "very knowledgable rep Doireann" and questioning her over this claim which some might consider an inducement to buy ?

Craftsman
    I’m about to buy a Cartier for my other half.

Is this price rise still on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    If there has been no price rise, will anyone be contacting "very knowledgable rep Doireann" and questioning her over this claim which some might consider an inducement to buy ?
    If anyone goes in there it'd definitely be worth an ask. A long way from home for me I'm afraid. Hopefully she wasn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes in the hope of an unexpected January sale to an unsuspecting customer. It didn't work, that's for sure!

PSA Cartier price rise

Thought I’d send an email asking about the rise.
    The response: “In regards to the price increase we’ve had no communication as of yet from Cartier, the latest I heard was that it would be increased by the end of January. As we are now in February I’m unsure and I’m sorry to not have a more definitive answer. If I receive any communication from Cartier in the meantime I'll be in touch.”
    Who knows if it’s made up. I don’t get that impression personally but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t fed dud info and/or made a mistake.
    If it’s a simple sales tactic that’s terrible but I think Goldsmiths is generally better than that.

*Edit: apologies for the lack of punctuation - especially apostrophes and quote marks. The TZ-UK app seems to do that to my posts. Frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app