closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just had “the call”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    To be fair to Goldsmiths Reading they got me a Sub date within about two weeks back in 2017. Then a DJ 41 in about two months in 2022.

But the lady I usually dealt with had left the last time I was in there. The dude I spoke to wouldn’t put me down for a Pepsi as the list was closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dale, the chap with a beard there was great - he let me try his Pepsi on when there was nothing to try; didn’t help me obtain one tho lol.

Really nice lady after him that I’d dealt with, and believe it was Marcus yesterday. Will have to pop in for a chat at sometimes but dear god I despise Reading as it gets worse every time I go there.

A great synergy between Rolex and Porsche dealers. Treat proper customers like shit for years in favour of spiv flippers with whom they can make an extra buck and then when the over-heated bubble bursts they suddenly develop a passion for customer service. Sod 'em.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Dale, the chap with a beard there was great - he let me try his Pepsi on when there was nothing to try; didn’t help me obtain one tho lol.
    Exactly. Taking the p*** seeing a member of staff wearing a particularly sought after model.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    A great synergy between Rolex and Porsche dealers. Treat proper customers like shit for years in favour of spiv flippers with whom they can make an extra buck and then when the over-heated bubble bursts they suddenly develop a passion for customer service. Sod 'em.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
    A Porsche dealer operative I tend to bump into a couple of days a week. Don’t see him wear his Daytona as proud anymore…

Master
    Blog Entries
    You know I hate to bump a Rolex thread.

But I also had the call last week for a Sub with or without date,I had put my name down many years ago just to see if it was possible to buy one.

It was one of the Rolex from the new certifed (or S/H as I would call it) service they offer.

I tried to find it on the web site but it just kept leading me back to a brand new one that wasnt available and was less than the S/H ones they where offering me.

I phoned the shop back and asked how Rolex didnt see this as a complete p*ss take.

I could not view it online only through the shop.

Thank you for your time earlier on the phone and I apologies if I caught you at the wrong time.

As I mentioned before we have the honour of partnering with Rolex to sell their Certified Pre-owned watches.

I know that you are more interested in a Non-date Submariner, so I have found one that I believe you might be interested in. I shall attach an image of the exact piece below. This piece is from 2017 and comes with all the box and papers. This current piece has a price of £12,250.

"Now we understand this is a step up from the retail price",

however this is due to the demand of the piece and the fact that with this you get a 2 year warranty and a complete service of the watch has already been complete by Rolex themselves.

As I mentioned earlier we would need a full deposit before it arrives but if when you see it you decide its not for you then we can do a full refund on the day.

Master
    Rolex have been given a green light by the public to treat them like mugs. How could we expect them not to take advantage?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Rolex have been given a green light by the public to treat them like mugs. How could we expect them not to take advantage?
    It seemed to me like concert ticket sellers selling tickets then buying them back.

Then charging the same overinflated price as the ticket touts they said they tried to stop.

Double bubble as a Cockney might say.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    It seemed to me like concert ticket sellers selling tickets then buying them back.

Then charging the same overinflated price as the ticket touts they said they tried to stop.

Double bubble as a Cockney might say.
    And still people queue up to play the game!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    I called the local Goldsmith AD to me earlier today for a bit of a state-of-the-nation chat on lists, rejections etc, mentioned the LV I’m on the list for & he thought it was the black one. Claimed 2 years was possible, then retraced his steps when he realised it was green.

If they dont have stock to sell, can they at least be trained in knowing what the models actually are, it’s not that hard to grasp; truly shocking lack of knowledge, or possibly giving a sh1t, who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I know that you are more interested in a Non-date Submariner, so I have found one that I believe you might be interested in. I shall attach an image of the exact piece below. This piece is from 2017 and comes with all the box and papers. This current piece has a price of £12,250.

however this is due to the demand of the piece and the fact that with this you get a 2 year warranty and a complete service of the watch has already been complete by Rolex themselves.

As I mentioned earlier we would need a full deposit before it arrives but if when you see it you decide its not for you then we can do a full refund on the day.
    Good grief! Mind well and truly blown.

A cursory glance at WF shows a 2020 124060 reduced to £9,595.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They only get to do this stuff because enough people are willing to put up with it. When they aren't it will stop (OK, it is "if" not when).

Master
    Blog Entries

It makes me wonder why they don't just cut out the middle man, sit on any watches they get in for a bit, and then offer them as "pre-owned" at a premium to RRP. They could always put a few scuffs and scratches on to lend credence to the pre-ownership. Surely the grey market is too lucrative to be left to grey market dealers...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    It makes me wonder why they don't just cut out the middle man, sit on any watches they get in for a bit, and then offer them as "pre-owned" at a premium to RRP. They could always put a few scuffs and scratches on to lend credence to the pre-ownership. Surely the grey market is too lucrative to be left to grey market dealers...
    Wouldn’t be surprised if that isn’t happening already. All those poorly paid sales assistants, just above minimum wage, but sporting a BLRO in store. Six months and it’s now certified pre owned, possibly never actually left the premises

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if that isn’t happening already. All those poorly paid sales assistants, just above minimum wage, but sporting a BLRO in store. Six months and it’s now certified pre owned, possibly never actually left the premises

The watch has to be a minimum of three years old to be part of the Rolex CPO scheme.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    The watch has to be a minimum of three years old to be part of the Rolex CPO scheme.
    Maybe they just keep them for staff for three years then

Master
    Sorry if this is obvious, but whence do they source the watches? I've looked at a couple of AD websites explaining the scheme but nowhere is there a 'Sell your watch' option.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Of course if anyone wants the said watch above I am more than happy to connect you to the shop,they seemed keen on a sale.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    To be fair to Goldsmiths Reading they got me a Sub date within about two weeks back in 2017. Then a DJ 41 in about two months in 2022.

But the lady I usually dealt with had left the last time I was in there. The dude I spoke to wouldn’t put me down for a Pepsi as the list was closed.

I wouldn't be fair to Goldsmiths Reading. They are staffed by absolute muppets who try to extract money from you in jewellery for a mythical place on the list. Even after I bought several watches including Rolex from them. They claimed they had lost my purchase history, so I had to email all my receipts to them and they then decided to ignore me.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Maybe they just keep them for staff for three years then

That would not surprise me!