closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ICO Data Protection Fee

Master
    Blog Entries

ICO Data Protection Fee

I’ve had a reminder that I am due to pay the yearly ICO Data Protection Fee. It’s only £35 and I’ve done the online assessment again so it says I’m liable but I can’t shake the feeling its not statutory and I’m just paying every year because I can’t be bothered to look into it properly.
    Does anyone know if it’s law to pay it?

Link;
    https://ico.org.uk/

Master
    Blog Entries
    Actually, I may have answered my own question!

“Under the Data Protection Act 2018, organisations processing personal data must pay a data protection fee, unless they are exempt. Personal data includes information like people’s names, addresses or telephone numbers.”

There's a questionnaire you can answer on the ICO website to determine if you need to pay a fee and at what level it should be £35 to about £2k depending on size and revenue).

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

One of my customer's decided he wasn't eligible and just doesnt pay it and has heard nothing.

We have CCTV so a bit stuck with it - another tax for being in business...

Waiting til the decide it applies to all the Ring Doorbells...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I’ve had a reminder that I am due to pay the yearly ICO Data Protection Fee. It’s only £35 and I’ve done the online assessment again so it says I’m liable but I can’t shake the feeling its not statutory and I’m just paying every year because I can’t be bothered to look into it properly.
    Does anyone know if it’s law to pay it?

Link;
    https://ico.org.uk/
    Dave, surely our businesses are similar and you only hold the info for “You are only processing personal data for the core business purposes. You therefore do not have to pay a fee to the ICO.Fill in our exemptions form so we can update our records.
    We didnt have to pay
    https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...lf-assessment/

You are allowed to hold staff employment records, and client details for advertising and business dealings.

I needed ICO registration to deliver 3rd party training when the certification body needed me to record home address & date of birth for ID purposes.

Registration is not required unless you hold medical, financial, or personal data of 3rd party people who are not employees.

If customer personal & financial data is required to run the business, you won't need registration either.
    Although the legal obligation to protect data and delete records when no longer required will remain.
    Last edited by Reeny; 12th January 2024 at 01:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Dave, surely our businesses are similar and you only hold the info for “You are only processing personal data for the core business purposes. You therefore do not have to pay a fee to the ICO.Fill in our exemptions form so we can update our records.
    We didnt have to pay
    https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...lf-assessment/
    Thanks very much – I’ll now be cancelling my registration as I’ve been paying unnecessarily.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Actually, I may have answered my own question!

“Under the Data Protection Act 2018, organisations processing personal data must pay a data protection fee, unless they are exempt. Personal data includes information like people’s names, addresses or telephone numbers.”
    Yes, I do it for my small company as I hold personal details, names, addresses and bank details. Even if you're unsure, which you shouldn't be if you do the 'assessment', I'd do it to 'protect myself', just in case, at the end of the day it's only £35

Steve