closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: John Mayer Eye Candy

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

OP: no disrespect meant to you. Your photos as always are outstanding. I hope you don’t mind a bit of joshing!
    Not at all and non taken. The world would be a very boring place if we would have exact opinion on everything

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I know that the watch design is based around sports but any suggestion that a solid gold (soft metal) watch at - what is its rrp? - £65k? - is a sports watch, is a 'them' in a 'them and us' world. Along the lines of calling a Range Rover Urban an 'off road vehicle'.

if I was ever in a position to own one, it would only ever be worn on a formal occasion. Stainless steel or titanium are true sports watch metals. silver, gold (of any type) or platinum really aren't. As for wearing it with a sweatshirt or hoody, I wouldn't wear anything beyond a Garmin with either of those and tbh, I would never wear a hoody.

just my opinions of course......
    Sure and I understand. My thoughts were going in the direction that the Daytona , no matter the metal, was a sports watch by it's DNA. Now in steel, it is far sportier than the gold version but if were are talking formal, I think that the John Mayer model would be too much for either a suit or a hoodie. It falls somewhere in between. For a suit I would go with something more classy - if we are talking Rolex, the 1908 fits the bill just as nice

Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    Not at all and non taken. The world would be a very boring place if we would have exact opinion on everything

Sure and I understand. My thoughts were going in the direction that the Daytona , no matter the metal, was a sports watch by its DNA. Now in steel, it is far sportier than the gold version but if were are talking formal, I think that the John Mayer model would be too much for either a suit or a hoodie. It falls somewhere in between. For a suit I would go with something more classy - if we are talking Rolex, the 1908 fits the bill just as nice
    Love the 1908. Can you get your hands on one?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Love the 1908. Can you get your hands on one?
    I can try. A buddy of mine is on the list for one, it's not easily available as I've been told. Well that's the case with all Rolex these days but the dress (Cellini) models were never huge sellers. I guess the 1908 changed that. Anyway If he gets that, I might need to rent a tux for a photoshoot. And a Bond girl

Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    For a suit I would go with something more classy - if we are talking Rolex, the 1908 fits the bill just as nice
    Can't argue with that one, beautiful watch.

As ever on TZ the unsubstantiated and without any real context that the hate is strong here for some reason….same as it is ever was.

This watch has an incredible dial but being yellow gold means it’s quite shouty but it’s a beautiful watch on the wrist for sure.

Made a rough stab of tidying up the corner of the book

Not bad for Snapseed on my phone

Lovely dial and shots! I guess it shows that Rolex finishing quality is the same regardless of whether you buy £5k Oyster Perpetual or a £50k Daytona.

Craftsman
    Stunning images! Great work.

Grand Master
    Still can’t understand why they never sold till Mayer pimped them!

Don’t believe the hype suckers, we are legendary at driving it in the watch selling world
    RIAC