closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex price increase - January 2024

Rolex price increase - January 2024

Looks like there's been a Rolex price increase. Eg OP41 was £5400, now listed at £5550 on their website.

Master
    Yes, you can now not buy a steel Submariner Date for £9,000 instead of not buying one for £8,650 !

Suppose they have to do something to make their CPO watches look a little less stupidly priced :-)

Master
    Maybe one too far, but we shall see.
    £9k for a sub is nuts, can still remember it being around 2/3 that not very long ago at all.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Yes, you can now not buy a steel Submariner Date for £9,000 instead of not buying one for £8,650 !

Suppose they have to do something to make their CPO watches look a little less stupidly priced :-)
    Or maybe you can now buy and CPO will be adjusted accordingly!

After all its just a charity!!
    RIAC

The Airking is £6500 from £6250 so 4% dead

Sent from my SM-A245F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Looks like Tudor prices increased as well. Tudor BB54 was £3260 yesterday, today £3360.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This must be some kind of record hangovers havent been recovered from,the year has hardly started yet we have another thread on Rolex prices.

Which you cant buy new anyway,so whats the point?

There wont be one for other watches,any of which I would buy before a Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
    Looks like Tudor prices increased as well. Tudor BB54 was £3260 yesterday, today £3360.
    I noticed that as well. Seems to be £100 across the range

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
    It’s a lovely thing, but it’s not that long since a sub was that sort of price…

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I noticed that as well. Seems to be £100 across the range.
    Might have been £200 on the carbon composite Red Bull FXDs - I swear the three-hand was £31xx the other week and it’s now £33xx.

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    The Airking is £6500 from £6250 so 4% dead

Time to withdraw the Morrisons logo Air King and re-list it later on for £6,750!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_ie View Post
    Might have been £200 on the carbon composite Red Bull FXDs - I swear the three-hand was £31xx the other week and it’s now £33xx.
    Yep. Was £3070 when I got one. Then went to £3130 now £3310.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tudor are going/have gone up 4% I was offered any I wanted at the old price today,prices are probaly changed tommorow for good.

Just browsing so didnt buy any.

Sold it today to mate took a lovely ladies tag and money. No one wanted it on tz only had not much interest. So putting price up won't help. This will be probably same on other watches eBay etc.... could not sell pre price increase so why it flyout after lol

And watchfinder kindly offered £5500 a week ago. So for all the tz folk shoutouts for watchfinder everyoffer I get is low ball
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Time to withdraw the Morrisons logo Air King and re-list it later on for £6,750!
    Last edited by bokbok; 1st January 2024 at 18:50.

Greed Is Good

And they've got to fund that 9 million restrictive trading practices fine of course...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Greed Is Good

And they've got to fund that 9 million restrictive trading practices fine of course...
    EUR91m…

I was in Norwich earlier this week, and passing by both Tudor AD’s I was shocked to see a comprehensive stock of models including all the new Pelagos and the white and black versions of the chronograph. Literally every supposedly rare model was in the windows of both, although I didn’t look too closely as I’m really not spending that kind of £££ on watches any more. I didn’t even look to see what/if they had any Rolex models for sale tbh. I was taking my 18 month old BB58 in for a service and mentioned this to the sales lady who shrugged and said ‘it’s the economic downturn I guess, and the fact that things haven’t really picked up the way we all expected after the pandemic’ - she also quoted 4-6 weeks for the service which would be prioritised as it’s relatively new and shouldn’t be needing attention so early. Perhaps higher supply has now caught up with lower demand? - can’t see how a price rise will help. At least you can now buy the watch you want straight out of the window like the olden days!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I was in Norwich earlier this week, and passing by both Tudor AD’s I was shocked to see a comprehensive stock of models including all the new Pelagos and the white and black versions of the chronograph. Literally every supposedly rare model was in the windows of both, although I didn’t look too closely as I’m really not spending that kind of £££ on watches any more. I didn’t even look to see what/if they had any Rolex models for sale tbh. I was taking my 18 month old BB58 in for a service and mentioned this to the sales lady who shrugged and said ‘it’s the economic downturn I guess, and the fact that things haven’t really picked up the way we all expected after the pandemic’ - she also quoted 4-6 weeks for the service which would be prioritised as it’s relatively new and shouldn’t be needing attention so early. Perhaps higher supply has now caught up with lower demand? - can’t see how a price rise will help. At least you can now buy the watch you want straight out of the window like the olden days!
    Even the staff couldnt work out what Tudor was what model today,there was a big choice.

So many variations it was bewildering.

The new Black Bay though is just so much nicer than the original with the way it sits and feels.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Looks like there's been a Rolex price increase. Eg OP41 was £5400, now listed at £5550 on their website.
    Given the rate of inflation over the last year, that’s more or less a price reduction. It just about keeps brand story of ever increasing prices going, but in the most minimal way they could manage. And a good thing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Given the rate of inflation over the last year, that’s more or less a price reduction. It just about keeps brand story of ever increasing prices going, but in the most minimal way they could manage. And a good thing too!
    Looks like about 4% across the board. Poor old Canada was about 8-10% so it could be worse.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Looks like about 4% across the board. Poor old Canada was about 8-10% so it could be worse.
    Sounds less on the Oyster Perpetual if the previous post is correct though - £5500 to £5600 is less than 2%. I assume it’s more on others then?

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Sounds less on the Oyster Perpetual if the previous post is correct though - £5500 to £5600 is less than 2%. I assume it’s more on others then?
    I haven’t checked them all, but I was reading a thread on TRF yesterday that suggested that 4% was the norm. As you say, not looking too bad given the rate of inflation over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    EUR91m…

Indeed! Though whether €9M or €91M, it's a drop in the ocean to a company banking a tax free ~€billion per annum!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Even the staff couldnt work out what Tudor was what model today,there was a big choice.

So many variations it was bewildering.

The new Black Bay though is just so much nicer than the original with the way it sits and feels.
    Sorry, the staff couldn't work it out, or you?

Which AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Sorry, the staff couldn't work it out, or you?

Which AD?
    Which planet?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master
    Not been any Rolex deliveries to AD's since first week of December and dont restart till mid January.

Despite this and the christmas frenzy I chatted to one yesterday who revealed they had 2-3 bimetal sports put away that they havent been able to place yet despite 3-4 weeks of trying. Called all on list and now discreetly offering to customers.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Not been any Rolex deliveries to AD's since first week of December and dont restart till mid January.

Despite this and the christmas frenzy I chatted to one yesterday who revealed they had 2-3 bimetal sports put away that they havent been able to place yet despite 3-4 weeks of trying. Called all on list and now discreetly offering to customers.
    Bi metal´s or at least steel- goldy coloured gold is generally thought a bit gash isn´t it, kind´ve old mans rolex sort´ve thing...? From what you describe it seems they´re become less popular...
    Just another thought, but with the Gini coefficient continuing to head the wrong way, rise in watch thefts alongside the rise in poverty wouldn´t wearing a Rolex adorned with added gold, be a bit like wearing a larger sign saying relatively easy money here...Maybe that too helps explain the phenomenon you´ve heard of...Dunno.
    Last edited by Passenger; 3rd January 2024 at 11:19.