closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Trade BLRO for Sub LVc or Hulk?

Master

Trade BLRO for Sub LVc or Hulk?

Just pondering this trade, no deal in the pipeline so more of it is something I want to do. Back in the day I used to have the original Kermit and was one of my favourite watches. Likewise with the Hulk, longest I’ve owned a watch and really regretted selling it…only the silly high prices stopped me getting one again.

I wear the BLRO on a sub oyster bracelet as I prefer the tool (ish) look and fits better in my collection. Wondering what your thoughts are on this trade and what would be a suitable amount of cash my way. Would look to trade privately via a forum than through a trader.

Thanks
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    My thoughts are do not do it. You are in the better watch already
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    My thoughts are do not do it. You are in the better watch already
    Without question.

Blog Entries
    Nope , wouldn’t do that !

Blog Entries
    Vested interest, I have a hulk (thanks Kerry!) and wouldn’t mind trying a BLRO - michael maybe PM me perhaps in new years!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I have an LVc and would love to do that trade subject to cash adjustment but I have to be honest I would not do it in your position. Cannot compare an LVc to a BLRO.

Only you know. I own all 3, the Hulk being my favourite of this trio. We all see things differently.

Master
    Think I’m more leaning on keeping the BLRO, need to consider it more. Unfortunately recent AP purchase means if I want the LVc or Hulk then the BLRO would have to go. Apart from cash my way not sure what the LVc would give me. It has a bit of colour similar to the BLRO, but no GMT function and more common…think I’m talking myself out of the trade here!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Got rid of my BLRO recently. Dont think I bonded with it due to the Jubilee.

I was going to buy an Oyster bracelet for it and did also in fact consider trading it for another Hulk. In the end it went with some others in a consolidation exercise

I own both the LV and the BLRO. I much prefer the BLRO but have worn the LV on holiday for the past 10 and have really warmed to it.
    The BLRO (on Jubilee) is very blingy, whereas the LV, although it has a splash of colour, is much less so.

It all comes down to personal preference, but if I had to choose between the two, the BLRO would stay.

Grand Master
    The other thing to consider is that the GMT model is due to change very shortly. If the suggestions are true, it will still exist but the bezel will be made from different materials. Now straight away. The speculators will start trading with each other and ramp the price of them up slightly, but in reality, what follows will be equally as good if not better and far more sustainable and easier to fix, whereas the older bezels may be problematic when looking to get a replacement over time.
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The other thing to consider is that the GMT model is due to change very shortly. If the suggestions are true, it will still exist but the bezel will be made from different materials. Now straight away. The speculators will start trading with each other and ramp the price of them up slightly, but in reality, what follows will be equally as good if not better and far more sustainable and easier to fix, whereas the older bezels may be problematic when looking to get a replacement over time.
    Really? What is the new material then, if not ceramic?
    That will be interesting.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Really? What is the new material then, if not ceramic?
    That will be interesting.
    Nobody really knows a lot of speculation all based on wastage, and the fact that when the process occurs, there's a bit of bleeding between the colours, it wouldn't surprise me if they just drop a thin steel bar into the gap which may or may not spoil it

One thing for sure with Rolex, they always seem to get it right and even if they don't we still love them

RIAC

When I had the 116610LV and 126710 BLRO the GMT stayed longer and the watch in my opinion is more versatile.

I went on to trade the LV for a 116500

I’ve been having a similar dilemma between a 116610ln and a LV. Just can’t decide on one or the other. I’ve no other watch.
    For me I prefer the sub glidelock but if fit is no problem the I would stick with the BLRO

Master
    I’ve had some time to consider this more and am going to stick with the BLRO. I was thinking a move into a LVc could release some £££ which I could put towards another watch, but not actually sure what! As such I’m better off keeping the BLRO. Like I said I’ve had it for nearly 3 years now and do really like it so would regret moving it on if I did. It’s on a sub bracelet with glidelock so can flip between that and the jubilee if I want it flashy.

Made the right call

Master
    What is a rough price for an unworn 2018 BLRO on a jubilee in today's market?