closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor BB GMT / fitted strap

Master

Tudor BB GMT / fitted strap

I have been searching for a suitable strap as an alternative to the bracelet on my BB GMT. I've tried a couple of regular leather straps and a 2 piece Zulu Sailcloth. Both leave a huge gap that I don't like. I know there's a Vanguard rubber to suit but I really prefer leather or sailcloth. Has anyone tried a curved end/fitted strap like a Hirsch Medici, or is the gap between the springbar and case too big? Also, anyone tried the fitted steel strap ends?
    Advice, suggestions and especially photos would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Dave Richards, aka The Strap Tailor made two custom ostrich leg straps for me, his work is excellent.

Both are curved end, XL with custom length each side for correct position of a deployant on my 7 3/4 wrist. One is 22-18 IWC style with full stitch, the other is 21-18 for Zenith EP with minimal stitch.
    Dave has an extensive range of standard straps, but can produce any custom strap that you need at the same price point.

I did something similar with my BB. This strap was from watch obsession curved end with deployment. I did sell the watch on here so could maybe trace more info on old sales corner posts.

Also had it on a pelagos rubber at 1 point..

Last edited by adesmith; 22nd December 2023 at 16:02.

Master
    Many thanks to both.
    The Watch Obsession strap looks like a Hirsch Medici, deployant model, so I think I'll give that a try out.
    The Strap Tailor straps look good too - I hadn't thought about getting a bespoke one made but that's an option. BTW, I really like the Zenith.

Craftsman
    I contacted the Strap Tailor about a curved end strap for my BB a few weeks ago and he was very helpful. I still haven’t manage to decide which finish to go for though. Will hopefully get 1 in the New Year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I did something similar with my BB. This strap was from watch obsession curved end with deployment. I did sell the watch on here so could maybe trace more info on old sales corner posts.

Also had it on a pelagos rubber at 1 point..

Any more info on that Pelagos one? Is it OEM? What end links are those? Thanks