closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Clock Talk!?.. any clock experts?...

Clock Talk!?.. any clock experts?...

I have a HT Wood of Bolton clock and wondered if anyone would be able to tell me anything more about it please?

Photos here...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DvfFZxdXhFgctbvLA

Many thanks

Craftsman

Clock Talk!?.. any clock experts?...

Nice chain fusee movement indicating it is a quality clock as many of this period ( almost certainly Victorian) were spring powered.
    HT Wood of Bolton does not appear in Brittens or Loomes “ Bibles “of recognised watch and clock makers through the years .
    HT Wood I suspect maybe the retailer , perhaps a member with a reference collection / knowledge of Bolton in the Victorian period will be able to help .
    Lovely clock and worth maintaining, it will keep excellent time when properly serviced and regulated .
    Ps I’m not “ an expert “ but have a keen interest and knowledge built up over 50 years through collecting & studying with an extensive reference library built up over that period .
    Enjoy it , many of that period have had “paint adjustments “ on the dials , I am unable to tell from the images if yours is original , often the retailers details are unaltered but the hour markers are touched up or repainted .
    Hope this helps .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Norbert; 20th December 2023 at 22:03.

Many thanks for your reply; much appreciated

I am thinking of selling it; any suggestions as to how to establish a value?

Craftsman
    At Auction it will make around £150 in its present condition ( that would be the reserve I would place on it if I were selling via auction)
    Your best chance is of a good auction price is via using an auction house in the Bolton area .
    If you wanted to sell it yourself you could use the usual sites and I would pitch it at £200 starting on EBay .
    In an antique shop , restored and looking special it would be £350 plus .
    Like watches , clocks have also suffered as a result of the enduring economic situation .
    Hope this is of use …

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    At Auction it will make around £150 in its present condition ( that would be the reserve I would place on it if I were selling via auction)
    Your best chance is of a good auction price is via using an auction house in the Bolton area .
    If you wanted to sell it yourself you could use the usual sites and I would pitch it at £200 starting on EBay .
    In an antique shop , restored and looking special it would be £350 plus .
    Like watches , clocks have also suffered as a result of the enduring economic situation .
    Hope this is of use …

Many thanks