closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lmc Gallet big triangle

Lmc Gallet big triangle

Saw this watch come up on my instagram feed, never heard of this watch before but looks like a Precista style case and omega style dial are they quite common? What’s the story on the brand?

I think Gallet made the Precista 88 & 89s for Southerns clock and watch Co. These cases can be found with numerous labels on the dial including Sinn.
    I have seen this version before but I am not sure what the LMC stands for although it is a common logo for Gallet made watches.
    I am purely guessing but I think when Southerns had the contract to supply the MOD, they only needed so many watches so any production over run was sold on to other watch retailers. I think this more likely than Southerns / Precista just buying an existing watch off the shelf as the dials and fixed bars are compliant with the Def Stan and this indicates the watches were made to be compliant. (The case was an off the shelf item that was modified with fixed bars though just like the Monnin for CWC - if that makes sense?) I have seen these Gallet cases with standard spring bars as well.

Edit for the first time ever I have noticed that the big triangle dials don’t have lumed numerals like the small triangle dials
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 16th December 2023 at 22:09.