closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2023 Watch Wishes...not achieved...but what about this?

Master

2023 Watch Wishes...not achieved...but what about this?

I hope you have all had a good watch related year...and an even better one overall :).

For me, the most wanted watch wish was to find myself a solid Dive watch Chronograph. I must say that with my very limited time on the forums I failed....but hovering the Sales Forums yesterday, I stumbled upon a brand named Lorenz. The only time I saw them must have been in a shop window somewhere in a city in Europe and just dismissed them as a mall watch. I went to their site and lo and behold found a very nice Auto Dive Chrono that really tickles my fancy. It is the 'Crono Hydro-Sub'. Very little is available online as regards info/reviews, videos or even pictures.

I would have preferred it to be 41mm rather than 43mm, but the rest looks real nice to me. Proportions, hands, dial, counters, bracelet, pushers, bezel and crown serrations etc.

Lorenz say they are an 'Italian' brand, but must say I don't know anything of their watches. They seem to have many 'homage' watches and their product line is neither here nor there. Are they good quality and value? How 'Swiss Made' are they, do they just source some Swiss made parts and then build them in China? How good is their QA and Waterproofness/Robustness?

Anyone owned or seen one of these Chronos or similar?

Thank you and wish you all a prosperous year ahead!

Photo sourced online just for reference.

Lorenz Crono Hydro-Sub by etienne spiteri, on Flickr

When I ran the Lemania forum over on the STG site, the forum "uniform" watch that all the Lemaniacs owned was a Lorenz Sub Professional.
    I had a couple

Excellent watches, and very good value. There was (is perhaps?) one for sale on SC at the moment.

D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    When I ran the Lemania forum over on the STG site, the forum "uniform" watch that all the Lemaniacs owned was a Lorenz Sub Professional.
    I had a couple

Excellent watches, and very good value. There was (is perhaps?) one for sale on SC at the moment.

D
    Excellent. Thank you.

Yes there is, but I'm not sure I like the Rolex Sub hands and the 'Speedy style' pushers. Very nice watch to be sure. I want to wear it diving in anger, so vintage is possibly not the best way to go.

I have seen ebay Italy. It is full of all different variations of Lorenz, some of which are of very questionable design to my eyes, but the 'Crono Hydro Sub' remains nowhere to be found.

There is no doubt that

1 Lorenz has a much larger presence in Italy, I have seen a few ADs there, and they have been there for a long time.
    2 Lorenz has also run the full gammut of producing lovely watches, and total tat. So tread carefully.

I never serviced the black one in my ownership, but the blue one sailed through 100m WR test no problem at all. These are rated at 200m.
    They may look more effective, but imho, screwdown pushers do nothing but delay you from operating the chronograph. I am not a big fan

I keep coming back to the one on SC. It’s a great looking watch - if there was a Chronograph Seadweller, that’s what it would look like

Last time I looked they were owned by Leader Watch Company S.R.L. having previously been part of Gevril Group.

Checking LWC's Linkedin showed two of their mere four employees are based in China which makes me question just how "Swiss Made" their watches actually are? Likely the bare minimum for compliance...

Of course some excellent watches feature some-or-all Chinese manufacturing, but the sleight-of-hand here doesn't inspire.