closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Halios Seaforth - any feedback from owners?

Halios Seaforth - any feedback from owners?

Long story short: my father in law wants a Halios Seaforth in bronze.

Long story: I spent several hours in A&E yesterday because my mother in law got hit by a wine delivery truck. Whilst we were waiting he told me that he was looking for a new watch because his current Seiko Alpinist had stopped working. He previously had a Sinn but found the crown dug into the back of his hand and the crown eventually broke. He's spent a lot of time on boats and he likes the bronze patinated look. Doesn't like timing bezels or chronographs. The only watch we found which met his requirements was a Halios Seaforth in bronze. Unfortunately it's not a current production model. I've started the hunt to track one down for him and it would be helpful to know if others have experience of this microbrand? They use ETA movements and have been going for over 10 years so I hope they would be reliable? Thanks in advance. My mother in law is fine by the way. We are wondering if we might be receiving a complimentary wine box this Christmas!

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I've had a couple of Halios.

Nice watches! Solid reliable movement, good price point. I'd recommend them.

I've not had a bronze one though

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

I had a Fairwind (steel, not bronze) for a while, and I really liked it. In fact, I wrote a Watchgecko magazine article about it, but I see it has disappeared when they migrated servers.
    It was very nicely made, thoughtfully designed and very restrained, nothing that needn't have been there was included.
    It gave the impression of being a very nice vintage watch (size, simplicity, clarity), but one with very modern angles and design aesthetic, if that makes any sense.

I own two Seaforth IVs and haven't had any issues (although they're only a year old). Given the demand seems to far outstrip supply and I've never heard of any issues that weren't sorted out by Halios (Jason) without any fuss, I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Never had a bronze but had 3 SS models, still have one and really regret selling one of the others. They're cracking watches, well finished and very well designed.

At RRP they're a bargain, some of the used prices are a little eyewatering.

Had a lot of Halios , Laguna and puck from the early days wish I kept them, tropik B in green and a Bahama yellow Seaforth and I’m positive one more but can’t for the life of me remember

All fantastic watches and Jason the owner is a top guy had a lot of conversations with him in the past might even be worth your while reaching out to him

Craftsman
    I really regret selling my one. I bought a Ginault bracelet for it, which fit like a glove and made it the perfect daily. The ETA movement was faultless with the peace of mind any watchmaker could look after it if needed.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Funnily enough I was scrolling through Instagram yesterday and came across this absolute beauty, had somehow never seen the bronze ones.
    Username of the photo included if you want to check it out.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I've had my Seaforth Bronze since they launched and still really enjoy wearing it. The dial is great and changes a lot in the light and I love the shape of the crystal too.

It's my only bronze watch and I wasn't sure how I'd get on with the patina, but it's dulled nicely and toned down the very gold appearance it had when new.

Timekeeping has been pretty good.

Here's a photo from a few months ago showing the patina and the dial in the sun.

EDIT: There are more photos on this thread: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...eaforth-bronze
    Last edited by RussB; 14th December 2023 at 00:33. Reason: Added link to other thread

Master
    I had bronze/blue face one via ebay and found the crown would not work properly/smoothly. Luckily I was able to get a full refund and that was the end of my Seaforth adventure. I did think it looked good in the sun though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Long story short: my father in law wants a Halios Seaforth in bronze.

Long story: I spent several hours in A&E yesterday because my mother in law got hit by a wine delivery truck. Whilst we were waiting he told me that he was looking for a new watch because his current Seiko Alpinist had stopped working. He previously had a Sinn but found the crown dug into the back of his hand and the crown eventually broke.
    Has he not considered getting either of these repaired??

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Has he not considered getting either of these repaired??
    Yes he's been down that route. The sinn couldn't be repaired and the Seiko can't be regulated.

Now he just wants a new, more reliable watch.

Curious if you found one or ended up repairing the Seiko?

I have a Halios bronze on blue and am really happy with it. Jason was great to deal with, it is kind of nice to mail directly with a brand owner/ producer. The dial and crystal are superb.

When it arrived it was quite shiny and a part of me really liked that so I tend to polish it once every year and then see it darken again.

This arrived today.

Pastel blue dial, in steel with a lumed sapphire 12 hour bezel.

I'm blown away by the quality.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 19th February 2024 at 15:24.

Master
    Did you buy that used or new?

Bought new and it's worth every penny.

Is FiL pleased, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Is FiL pleased, too?
    Yes, although now he wants a Tudor too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Yes, although now he wants a Tudor too.
    Which one are you going sell him?