closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iOS 17.2 Released

iOS 17.2 Released

Master
    Doesn’t look like are doing anything to get rid of the hardly audible new notification sound they installed on the release then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    Doesn’t look like are doing anything to get rid of the hardly audible new notification sound they installed on the release then.
    Took me weeks to figure out what that noise was. My phone and iPad are always on silent but my wife’s iPad in the kitchen wasn’t. Was driving me mad.

Thanks for the reminder - updating now.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Took me weeks to figure out what that noise was. My phone and iPad are always on silent but my wife’s iPad in the kitchen wasn’t. Was driving me mad.
    I’ve not noticed this, ours are always on silent and volume on zero.

Hmm, intrigued now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Slightly “off-topic”, but related to new releases!
    I wonder if the iOS boffins here can help or advise please!

A bit of background: I have 2 separate iphones, one private, and one for work. Both use the same iCloud username/ identity, and have ever since I first went on to iPhones.

Since the last iOS release was installed automatically on my phone (17.1.2), my call logs for both phones (different numbers) are appearing on both phones, which is very annoying, as occasionally I notice a missed number on my private phone, so ring it, and it turns out to be as client who has dialled my work phone, and the same thing happens on the work phone, ie showing private numbers in the call log of the work phone.

I have googled a way to prevent this log duplication and merging, and have followed all the various guidelines and suggestions, but to no avail.

Further investigation suggests that this “improvement” is deliberate on the part of Apple development, and not a “glitch”, so unlikely to be changed, unless there is massive kick-back and complaints to Apple.

Please can anyone advise if a) this has also been and become an issue, and b) has a workaround or solution been found?

On the basis that I “think” I have tried everything suggested, please feel free to post up any suggestions, and I will gladly work my way through them!

One of the key themes on the various forums/ user groups seems to be from people sharing their Apple ID with another, ie husband and wife (but this is not my case) which apparently Apple are trying to discourage, on the basis that they want everyone to have their own ID. To be clear, my ID is only used by me!

Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks!

Craftsman
    Not an expert, but there’s a phone setting somewhere ‘phone calls on other devices’ . Maybe something to do with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Not an expert, but there’s a phone setting somewhere ‘phone calls on other devices’ . Maybe something to do with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks very much for the suggestion Linc.
    Unfortunately I have already tried that, but to no avail!

Appreciate the thought!

Please keep the suggestions coming!

Tapatalk was not working for me on cellular data after updating to iOS 17.2. It would only work on Wi-Fi. I fixed this though by toggling Cellular Data off in settings, restarting my phone, then turning Cellular Data back on. Took time to figure this out, so maybe this might help if anyone else is having this problem.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else noticed the spellcheck working differently whereby a cut/copy paste option seems to be utilised now.

If so, any fixes to get back the old system please.

Jim

17.2.1 has landed (and a Sonoma update for those with Macs). Only seems to apply to the iPhone, not the Watch or iPad.