closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas quiz

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I do now have the answer…

BUT, frustratingly, it turns out that rather than just being a football question, it was a work/football question. I work in real estate…

xxnick1975 was getting as close as any of us were likely to get by spotting that all of the teams had won the top division.

The numbers actually represented the % return on the UK real estate market in the years that each team won the top division.

I spent ages looking at squad sizes, year each club was formed and even asked google Bard for an answer (it seems were a long way off AI solving anything like this!).

Sorry!!
    I wish I could thank you for that answer but I can't.

UK property did well in the late seventies/early eighties by the look of it
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 17th December 2023 at 11:21.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I do now have the answer…

BUT, frustratingly, it turns out that rather than just being a football question, it was a work/football question. I work in real estate…

xxnick1975 was getting as close as any of us were likely to get by spotting that all of the teams had won the top division.

The numbers actually represented the % return on the UK real estate market in the years that each team won the top division.

I spent ages looking at squad sizes, year each club was formed and even asked google Bard for an answer (it seems were a long way off AI solving anything like this!).

Sorry!!
    I was going to ask for details of the setter as a next step, but I still wouldn’t have got anywhere near that. Thanks anyway, I learnt a few things along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I was going to ask for details of the setter as a next step, but I still wouldn’t have got anywhere near that. Thanks anyway, I learnt a few things along the way.
    As in " I know where you live"?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    I wish I could thank you for that answer but I can't.
    For those who were disappointed by the question here is a similar but different one ... clues are above.

Q1 - What connects these teams ?
    Q2 - What do the numbers represent?

So far I've had 30 requests for my quiz. If anyone else would like a copy remember to provide your email address in your PM.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    For those who were disappointed by the question here is a similar but different one ... clues are above.

Q1 - What connects these teams ?
    Q2 - What do the numbers represent?

1987/88 Division One teams, numbers represent each teams drawn league matches that season.

1987/88 Division One teams, numbers represent each teams drawn league matches that season.
    Good spot.

More importantly, who won the FA Cup that season?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Correct. Now that would have been a decent question.