closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPad Cases

iPad Cases

All,

I’m thinking of upgrading to one of these.

2022 Apple iPad Pro 11", M2 Processor, iOS, Wi-Fi, 128GB

Can anyone recommend any cases / covers etc?

I usually have a case for IPads / IPhones in addition to screen protectors.

Best,

Ben

Master
    Wouldn’t bother with a screen protector for an iPad but I’ve always used Moko cases which are excellent and cheap too.

As the father of a son with Down’s who loves his iPad - and has at various times in the past, particularly when he was little thrown it down a flight of stairs, sat and stamped on it I’m a big fan of the otter box defender which comes with a built in screen protector. I literally never worry about his iPad now and when removed from the case it still looks brand new. They can take proper abuse. Avoid cheaper alternatives available on Amazon, they aren’t anywhere near as sturdy, which we found to our cost when he bent one like a banana with the iPad inside! It doesn’t help that iPads keep getting thinner and less sturdy without a proper rigid case as a result!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    As the father of a son with Down’s who loves his iPad - and has at various times in the past, particularly when he was little thrown it down a flight of stairs, sat and stamped on it I’m a big fan of the otter box defender which comes with a built in screen protector. I literally never worry about his iPad now and when removed from the case it still looks brand new. They can take proper abuse. Avoid cheaper alternatives available on Amazon, they aren’t anywhere near as sturdy, which we found to our cost when he bent one like a banana with the iPad inside! It doesn’t help that iPads keep getting thinner and less sturdy without a proper rigid case as a result!
    Those are a ridiculous price but appreciate for your son they may be necessary. For the average person in general use you really don’t need to spend as much and there are plenty of cheaper alternatives on Amazon (inc Moko) and elsewhere

I would tend to agree that they’re overkill for most of us (probably for my son now thankfully) but in our quite extensive experience the cheaper ones look similar but don’t perform anywhere near as well. Like a g shock versus an Ali express rip-off!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Ben,

If you ever intend to do any typing on it, consider the Magic Keyboard. Bloody expensive but a great bit of kit.

If not, as mentioned above, stick to a decent make. The quality difference is not always noticeable. At least up until the point it's knocked it off the arm of the sofa onto a wooden floor - ask me how I know.. :-(

I have this and really like it. Don’t use the keyboard too often but it’s handy to have and attaches with magnet https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/produ...-ipad-pro.html

Hello

Thanks all,

Thankfully I haven’t had any major issues with damage. As I’m always super careful and have a case and screen protector. My daughter had a screen protector on her old iPad but that didn’t save it from a drop from height. So I think it’s always worth having them where possible.

Best,

Ben

My 12.9 iPad Pro lives in a Magic Keyboard. When I want lightness I use the Torro Smart Folio. It’s magnetic which makes it really easy to attach. You can get them on Amazon.

TORRO Smart Folio Compatible with iPad Pro 11 4th / 3rd / 2nd / 1st Gen - Leather iPad Pro 11" 2022 Case Smart Case Magnetic Cover with Auto Wake/Sleep and Stand Function (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/aPPjRvx

Master
    Griffin Survivor or Otterbox . survivor are better but difficult to get as griffin seem to not export from the USA
    I also suggest a screen guard as well.

Everything else is garbage .

Hello

Thanks all.

Some good suggestions to ponder.

If it's in the house only. Don't need anything fancy. I bought a $11.00 one off Ebay with plastic snap on back and cover

If for work. Something with padding for added protection