closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos LHD

Master

Tudor Pelagos LHD

Nothing new, I totally appreciate that but my WTB generated some discussion about whether it's possible to refurb one.

This had some minor wear marks on it when it arrived and I've given it the lightest of refinishes, probably a 15 minute quick fix.

I'm absolutely baffled as to why Tudor don't offer a refinishing service. Anyway, it may help people sleep easier knowing it can be refinished and with minimal effort.

Great watch and loving the aged lume / markers.

Paul

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Never tried the LHD, but possible my favourite of all the Pelagos models!
    It's just a matter of time...

Nice job. The Pelagos has always been an over-engineered watch at its price point. They are that good.

Like you, I do love refinishing titanium.

Master
    Excellent, very reassuring thanks.

Nice work! What did you use and is there any special technique?

I didn't know that Tudor didn't refinish them, seems strange. I wonder what the rationale is?

Journeyman
    IMHO the best toolish watch Tudor offers with some unique features, lume, roulette date, numbered (though not limited edition) and of course no digging crown situation. I so much love it, that I have a spare one tucked in.

They used to be difficult to find In the last year and a bit, now they have come back to the shops with the cooling of the watch market.

Great to know polishing is an option. What did you use?

I also wonder when (and this will happen) Tudor will make them limited edition (by discontinuing them).

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Congrats on your Pelagos incoming Paul and looks like you’ve done an amazing refinishing job.

Wear in the best of health, Niki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thats a nice looking watch,what did you do to clean it up?

It’s such a great looking watch. I have one but haven’t worn it in months. I’m going to get it on now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I see mention of "digging crown".

I have never regardless of crown size ever felt a watch to be uncomfortable with regards to the crown.
    Just not something I ever feel when worn.How are people wearing their watches to have it a "real" issue to the point they can't wear it.
    Any pics of the sustained injuries or crown sized permanent mark on the wrist perhaps.
    Is it anything like an in growing toe nail.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post

I have never regardless of crown size ever felt a watch to be uncomfortable with regards to the crown.
    Just not something I ever feel when worn.How are people wearing their watches to have it a "real" issue to the point they can't wear it.
    Any pics of the sustained injuries or crown sized permanent mark on the wrist perhaps.
    Totally agree. I’m a lefty and wear my watches on my right wrist, have a had a few left handed watches including a couple of Panerai and it’s always been a total non issue, it genuinely confuses me how the crown can cause any issues in wearing whatsoever??!!

I have given my ETA Pelagos the odd rub over with the hard end of an eraser (the bit for ink)
    This takes away the worst of the desk diving marks.
    A fine textured dish washing sponge (the scrubby green bit) is good for the clasp.
    It’s a tool watch so not fussed about it being mint but Ti can look a little scruffy if not looked after.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 3rd December 2023 at 09:57.

Journeyman

I used to have Tag Carrera day date (small hands version), the Crown (pretty big one) would dig into my hand so often that I had a constant mark. I didn't really wear it tight, just normal. The crown was so low on the case that when you bent your wrist, it gets in the skin. Again not all watches are like that, not sure Pelagos RHD is the same, most likely not.

Again some watches do have this design flaw, some don't.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Nice work! What did you use and is there any special technique?

I didn't know that Tudor didn't refinish them, seems strange. I wonder what the rationale is?
    No real special techniques. I used padded emery boards cut to fit the central links, quite a fine abrasive.

Just patience and a bit of bravery the first time you do it, this definitely wasn't my first time refinishing a watch..... Start with something cheap and gradually progress to more expensive as your skills grow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikP View Post
    I used to have Tag Carrera day date (small hands version), the Crown (pretty big one) would dig into my hand so often that I had a constant mark. I didn't really wear it tight, just normal.
    If it was marking your hand you must be wearing your watch on the lower side of the big bones? This seems to be a divide among watch wearers. I’m of the other camp, wearing watches just above the heads of the radius and ulna. If you wear there I don’t think you get this problem, because there’s no flex where the crown sits. At least I haven’t had it. I think I would have to stop wearing the watch if I did.
    Last edited by Fullbreakfast; 3rd December 2023 at 08:46.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    If it was marking your hand you must be wearing your watch on the lower side of the big bones? This seems to be a divide among watch wearers. I’m of the other camp, wearing watches just above the heads of the radius and ulna. If you wear there I don’t think you get this problem, because there’s no flex where the crown sits. At least I haven’t had it. I think I would have to stop wearing the watch if I did.
    That is corect @Fullbreakfast, I wear my watches a bit loose and if the case is top heavy (i.e. not balanced enough with he bracelet) then it starts to dig and mark. Anyway, I parted with this watch long time ago and since then I haven't had this problem. I would say it was down to the design of the watch and me wearing it a bit loose.

I hope we are digressing too much from the main topic of this thread.. The pelagos LHD IMHO is very unique watch in Todors collection and congrats for getting back into shape.

Grand Master
    Sold a watch to a chap last month,He came to my house to collect.
    He wore his watch almost on the back of his hand!,which I commented on.He said it was comfortable but He had always worn his watches that way.

Looked damn odd and mighty uncomfortable to me even so.But then in that position it wouldn't cause an issue with the crown either.

I wear mine on the hand side of the wrist bone and the crown digging in had been a factor in many a watch being moved on or returned

Wearing it shoulder side of the wrist bone isn't an option. I've got quite a large distance between the bone and back of hand. About a watches width. Any further up and it's half way up my arm and sits weirdly angled. As a result I tend to look for smaller watches or crowns anywhere but 3oclock.

I sold the LHD I had because I found it to slab sided though

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    I wear mine on the hand side of the wrist bone and the crown digging in had been a factor in many a watch being moved on or returned

Wearing it shoulder side of the wrist bone isn't an option. I've got quite a large distance between the bone and back of hand. About a watches width. Any further up and it's half way up my arm and sits weirdly angled. As a result I tend to look for smaller watches or crowns anywhere but 3oclock.

I sold the LHD I had because I found it to slab sided though
    Yes, it does look chunky but I like it , here is mine

Love the off white lume on that

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Sold a watch to a chap last month,He came to my house to collect.
    He wore his watch almost on the back of his hand!,which I commented on.He said it was comfortable but He had always worn his watches that way.

Looked damn odd and mighty uncomfortable to me even so.But then in that position it wouldn't cause an issue with the crown either.

I couldn't imagine wearing a watch any other way than between the wrist bone and my hand. I have had a permanent mark on the back of my hand from watch crowns for around 30 years - but... I wouldn't describe it as "digging" in, it just touches the bottom of my hand/wrist if/when my hand is flexed upwards - it's not an issue, or anything I would notice when I'm wearing a watch.

That said, I do have a few LHD watches that I also wear on my left wrist and they are all extremely comfortable; including the Ploprof,

I might well add a LHD Pelagos at some stage, but for now I think I have enough Tudors that they now need another watch box!
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Pick some of these up, but that said start with the finest grade until you get the hang of it.

https://www.toolstation.com/contour-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Pick some of these up, but that said start with the finest grade until you get the hang of it.

https://www.toolstation.com/contour-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks very much. These look like much better value too!