closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: George Daniels Lecture - Breguet

Master

George Daniels Lecture - Breguet

I attended the George Daniels lecture at City University last night. The topic was Breguet and including aspects such as how he was using Rolex-like marketing way before Rolex existed.

The subscription watch was amazing- royalty were paying 25% deposit and then waiting for their watches.

Special order watches where the owner didn’t want a second hand.

Watches for the blind where a pointer indicates the time pointing at gem stones.

Several watches were returned because the owners could not get their heads around multiple times zones.

Some genuine pocket watches have the same serial number, it’s assumed the worker stole the parts and made their own.

The key design was so distinctive so that you could show off you own Breguet with out being so rude as to remove your pocket watch in company ( and look bored).

An incredible design for a mantelpiece clock with a pocket watch holder on the top which synchronised your watch over night.

Fascinating.

Richard Stenning and Roger Smith both in attendance so some interesting photo opportunities.

Now I have to buy a Breguet, anyone got a snazzy Breguet for sale ?!

Master
    Sounds great.

May also find this series of videos with the man himself of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10bp...rhvkOpA-pLIGmS

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Now I have to buy a Breguet, anyone got a snazzy Breguet for sale ?!
    What, you mean there is a world beyond AD private Rolex parties, and machine made average and over-marketed watches?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    What, you mean there is a world beyond AD private Rolex parties, and machine made average and over-marketed watches?
    I assume so. I will confirm next week after my next private Rolex party. Now where did I put my Rolex cuff links.

I attended the George Daniels lecture at City University last night.
    I've been to a few of these over the years, but this one passed me by. Damn, it would have been great to be there.

I've been to a couple of the lectures, and they're very good. As I've mentioned before, I used to own Riversdale where George Daniels lived before he died. We've got quite a few trinkets from the house which is very interesting for a Daniels fan like me.

Shouldn't this be in the main Watch discussion area though, it's not really off topic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I've been to a couple of the lectures, and they're very good. As I've mentioned before, I used to own Riversdale where George Daniels lived before he died. We've got quite a few trinkets from the house which is very interesting for a Daniels fan like me.

Shouldn't this be in the main Watch discussion area though, it's not really off topic.
    Apologies if wrong section, I was reflecting in the virtual pub.

If you ever want to be connected with the curator of the museum, master of the company of clockmakers or trustee of the George Daniels trust pls message me and I will connect you.

Richard Stenning and Roger Smith both in attendance so some interesting photo opportunities.
    Was nice to see so many in attendance; Philip Whyte and Stephen Forsey were there too.

Andrew Crisford is on a roll - the AHS London Lecture he gave in September on A-LB's inventions was fascinating. I must admit, I'm still hoping that someone, somewhere will discover more Breguet papers: I'm sure he wrote down results from his resonance experiments. Probably.
    Last edited by Broussard; 2nd December 2023 at 14:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Was nice to see so many in attendance; Philip Whyte and Stephen Forsey were there too.

Andrew Crisford is on a roll - the AHS London Lecture he gave in September on A-LB's inventions was fascinating. I must admit, I'm still hoping that someone, somewhere will discover more Breguet papers: I'm sure he wrote down results from his resonance experiments. Probably.
    I didn’t see Forsey, I’d be curious to see which watch he wore.

I didn’t see Forsey, I’d be curious to see which watch he wore.
    I said hi to him but didn’t check his wrist. To be honest, I rarely check what people are wearing - I’m usually more interested in what they have to say.

Local mall has this one. I like simple 2 handed models

Out of my price range and really don't need a dress watch, but I still like it