closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Daytona

Master

Rolex Daytona

Maybe it’s just an age thing but I find myself liking the Rolex Daytona range more and more.

Without venturing into the realms of precious metals too much I’d say this one is my current favourite

You don’t see them mentioned too much on here so just wondering what the general consensus of opinion is.

Are the precious metals much more?

In my opinion it is a very dated design - I have often worn one that is not mine and it just screams 90s to me.

I don't think it's aged like the Subs/GMTs/etc.

Master

Arrow

I love all mine both PM and SS and enjoy wearing them daily and on my travels. It’s such a slim profile watch weight varies slightly. Currently have eyes on a new platinum with the case back and diamond dial.

Master
    Must be an age thing as I love that reference too! Definitely considering it for a big birthday next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Maybe it’s just an age thing but I find myself liking the Rolex Daytona range more and more.

Without venturing into the realms of precious metals too much I’d say this one is my current favourite

You don’t see them mentioned too much on here so just wondering what the general consensus of opinion is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Must be an age thing as I love that reference too! Definitely considering it for a big birthday next year.

Look really good on the wrist.

Master
    Please don't wear it there.

Funnily enough I was thinking just the same. I wear mine more and more.

The dressiest of sports watches, and that isn’t a bad thing!

Should never have sold this one. Such a lovely thing.

Grand Master
    The bezel on the new 126515 is just fantastic on the PM, transforms the watch as do the nice contrast dials
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Should never have sold this one. Such a lovely thing.

I have the same dial in an 18k gold case.

I can see the appeal, every time I see a picture of one I think that they look nice but when I look see them in person for some reason they just don't quite have the same appeal. I do wonder whether it's an age thing, they have a classic design and I can see them appealing to the older gentleman (excluding the bling factor for the younger folk) but for me, it's just not something that I would choose to wear....yet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I can see the appeal, every time I see a picture of one I think that they look nice but when I look see them in person for some reason they just don't quite have the same appeal. I do wonder whether it's an age thing, they have a classic design and I can see them appealing to the older gentleman (excluding the bling factor for the younger folk) but for me, it's just not something that I would choose to wear....yet.
    Of course, by the time your name comes up from The List, you very likely are an older gentleman ...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Of course, by the time your name comes up from The List, you very likely are an older gentleman ...
    Do you think there would be much of a list for this model? Compared to other models in the range I don’t think this one is a flippers delight.

I'd be genuinely gobsmacked if there wasn't.

Long before “the list” became a thing, steel Daytonas were hard to get retail.
    Precious metal ones were more readily available.
    Always in demand.

I bought a gold/steel Daytona in 2006 as my first foray into Rolex ownership. It just wasn't for me ultimately, as I felt it was too conspicuous whenever I wore it, so I sold it around 7 years later, to a dealer, for what I paid for it.