closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC service?

CWC service?

Mrs G has taken to wearing my late father's W10, which is pleasing. However, its developed a fault (second hand goes forward one and back one constantly). Given how cheap a used quartz W10 is I'd usually just replace it but given it was dad's I'd like to get it fixed. Is it back to Silvermans or are there any good indis for quartz? Grateful for any steers.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Me!

Drop me a PM if you’re interested, I’m out tonight so it’ll be tomorrow before I can reply.

regards,

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Me!

Drop me a PM if you’re interested, I’m out tonight so it’ll be tomorrow before I can reply.

regards,

Paul.
    Fab. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Mrs G has taken to wearing my late father's W10, which is pleasing. However, its developed a fault (second hand goes forward one and back one constantly). Given how cheap a used quartz W10 is I'd usually just replace it but given it was dad's I'd like to get it fixed. Is it back to Silvermans or are there any good indis for quartz? Grateful for any steers.

Isn't this just low battery indicator?

I don't know. It had stopped and when we put a new battery in it started doing that.

Likely not then!

I wouldn’t send it to cwc, I had a issue with a watch that kept stopping randomly I even videoed it to show them as it happened only happened face up you could see it staggering a little give it a shake and it would start again ,
    Twice sent it in and they said no problem with the watch in the end third time I just sent it back for a full refund minus the three times I had to post it , can’t understand then and now why they didn’t just swap the movement

I have no idea who CWC use for serving now but in the past they used a watch maker that had a few horror stories that would make me weary of sending it to them until I found out where it was going.

Grand Master
    Sorted.....I think it’s coming my way and I’m more than happy to take it on, I have a soft spot for watches with genuine sentimental value to the owner.

To clarify, I don’t work for CWC and never have!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    I don't know. It had stopped and when we put a new battery in it started doing that.

I would check the new battery,as I also thought that was a low battery indication.

IS IT THE RIGHT BATTERY, FROM CWC.

Watch battery for G10 watches with battery hatch.
    Battery no. 371 for Cabot Watch Company CWC G10 British Army issue watches, suitable for all Cabot CWC G10 watches from 1998 onwards.
    Battery no. 395 for early 1990s CWC G10 British Army issue watches, and most quartz divers watches.
    Battery no. 394 for earlier G10 watches with battery hatch, circa 1984 - 1988 approximately.
    Battery no. 386 for very earliest G10 watches with battery hatch, circa 1980 - 1983.

The above is an approximate guide. Please contact us if you are unsure which battery you require. We are happy to assist.
    Last edited by bwest76; 18th November 2023 at 22:01.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Sorted.....I think it’s coming my way and I’m more than happy to take it on, I have a soft spot for watches with genuine sentimental value to the owner.

To clarify, I don’t work for CWC and never have!
    Thought you were out?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thought you were out?
    Now home. Disappointing Northern Soul night, local event but poorly attended. The faith has been kept, dancing has been done, legs’ll ache tomorrow, but not the night I was hoping for. Disappointed with the music too, but that’s a subjective thing, if the event had been buzzing I wouldn’t mind.

Better than staying in, but that’s not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thought you were out?
    He just went out and not out out.

https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topi...ighend-quartz/

There is an interesting thread complete with a lot of pictures while we are on the subject

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    He just went out and not out out.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking,I havent been "out out"for ages (I cant handle the hangovers anymore).

Grand Master
    Watch is now with me. It's an odd problem, it'll run for a few seconds then revert to 'wobbling' mode, the seconds hand will twitch but won't move forward. Definitely got a fault, all will become clear when I take it apart, for now it'll have to go in the queue.