closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This morning's walk with the dog (feel-good pictures)

Blog Entries

This morning's walk with the dog (feel-good pictures)

We had tons of rain & wind during the last 10, 12 days. But this morning started absolutely fine! A great moment for an extended walk with the dog. During those 90 mins we didn't see traffic, we had no encounters. The pics are shots of the hamlet where we live.

It was as if the dog and I were completely alone. The dog is always on a long leash when we're outside our grounds. I don't want to scare people with a 50+ kilogram Rottweiler roaming around and we have tons of deer, foxes etc in and around our hamlet. I don't want him chasing the wildlife.

Just a hazy morning and falling leaves. The final picture is of our meadow with our forest in the back.

I just want to share feel-good pictures.

Last edited by thieuster; 16th November 2023 at 10:40.

Master
    Where are these taken?

Here in Rotterdam it’s grey and raining…. Again.

Some feel good pics there. Nice

Lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Where are these taken?

Here in Rotterdam it’s grey and raining…. Again.
    Near the Royal Palace grounds on ‘the Veluwe’

Master
    Thank you. That's brightened my day as I now suffer the Mother in Law for my morning dog walk.

Lovely views, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Great photos. There's some really good photographers on this forum. What did you use for the pics?

Blog Entries
    I used my iPhone 13. Nothing fancier

Great stuff! Looks amazing.
    "A man of little significance"

Lovely morning out Menno.

I too keep Dot on a long retractable lead just to make sure she doesn't get up to mischief!

I've never done it before but I've just bought her a little winter fleece coat for when it gets a lot colder as she has very short hair.

Surprisingly she tried it on and didn't mind it at all.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    The Rotty has a thicker coat of course. Elvis once wore a sort of 'romper suit' when he was castrated. (He and I... we don't talk about that). That romper was a better solution that a 'lamp shade' around his neck. Back then, it was pretty easy to put it on.

My dog is outside from dawn till dusk (No not the Rodriguez/Tarantino movie; that's other way around) and all those hours outside have an influence on the length of his coat. He has now significantly more and longer hair than during the summer months.

In my hamlet are a few horse breeding stables. That's why you see a lot of fencing on the pictures. The owners separate the horses with those fences. I'm told that not all horses get along with other horses. I'm not familiar with horses, so I cannot comment on that. We also see that some meadows are brought back to a more 'rural' condition, with sacks of food hanging and hidden. The idea is that horses start 'roaming around' on the field(s), looking for food. In some cases, they need to search it, uncover it. It should mimic the natural habitat of horses.

I've written before that I live next to the Royal Grounds. The royals have a very large collection of horses, carriages etc. A lot of these animals walk freely on the meadows around the horse breeders' stables. And from time to time these horses are used for a 'test drive' with the royal carriages.

This one was two years ago (we still had the old fence back then). I'm told that a carriage like that, in A+ condition and from the Royal Stables, is more expensive that a Porsche 918.

Last edited by thieuster; 16th November 2023 at 15:02.